Manuscript/Mixed Material American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter [from Bertha Spafford Vester] to Dr. [Siegfried] van Vriesland
About this Item
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter [from Bertha Spafford Vester] to Dr. [Siegfried] van Vriesland
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Vester, Bertha Spafford, 1878-1968 (Author)
- van Vriesland, Siegfried, 1886-1939 (Addressee)
Created / Published
- July 6, 1920
- - Jews--Palestine
- - American Colony in Jerusalem
- - Pool, Dr. de Sola
- - van Vriesland, Siegfried, 1886-1939
- - Larson, Miss
- - Zionist Commission to Palestine
- - American Colony Aid Association
- - Manuscripts
- - Correspondence
- - Palestine -- Jerusalem
- - Unsigned letter [from Bertha Spafford Vester] to Dr. van Vriesland (of the Zionist Commission to Palestine) written from American Colony, Jerusalem. Re Miss Larson's interview with van Vriesland and the conditions set by Agnes Goldman re distribution of non-sectarian aid to help those suffering from tuberculosis, and Miss Larson's salary.
- - Record carbon copy is typed on the back of a printed letter by Otto Koenig, Bible House, New York, April 11, 1914 re souvenir scenes of the Holy Land (1 p., printed document).
- - Dutch attorney Siegfried van Vriesland (1886-1939) of Rotterdam moved to Palestine in 1919. He was treasurer of the Palestine Zionist Executive (Zionist Commission to Palestine) from ca. 1919-1930. Beginning in 1927 he served as Dutch consul and consul-general and from 1930-38 was director of the Palestine Potash industries near the Dead Sea.
- letter 11" x 8"
Call Number/Physical Location
- Part I, Box 3, Folder 17: American Colony in Jerusalem
- series: Part I: Topical File, 1871-2004
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Colony, Bertha Spafford Vester, and Siegfried Van Vriesland. American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from Bertha Spafford Vester to Dr. Siegfried van Vriesland. July 6, 1920. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.063/.
APA citation style:
American Colony, Vester, B. S. & Van Vriesland, S. (1920) American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from Bertha Spafford Vester to Dr. Siegfried van Vriesland. July 6. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.063/.
MLA citation style:
American Colony, Bertha Spafford Vester, and Siegfried Van Vriesland. American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from Bertha Spafford Vester to Dr. Siegfried van Vriesland. July 6, 1920. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.063/>.