Manuscript/Mixed Material American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from American Colony (John D. Whiting) to Edward F. Loud
About this Item
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from American Colony (John D. Whiting) to Edward F. Loud
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- American Colony (Associated name)
- Whiting, John D. (John David), 1882-1951 (Author)
- Loud, Edward F. (Addressee)
Created / Published
- ca. 1918
- - Whiting, John D. (John David), 1882-1951
- - American Colony in Jerusalem--Charities
- - British Mandate--Palestine
- - World War I--Palestine
- - American Colony in Jerusalem--Wartime Activities
- - Loud, Edward F
- - Manuscripts
- - Palestine -- Jerusalem
- - Handwritten draft letter re Whiting's experience with the British army since British occupation of Palestine and thanking Loud for the good his donations have done.
- - John D. Whiting was an non-uniformed officer in the war, specializing in British intelligence.
- letter 8" x 5"
Call Number/Physical Location
- Part I, Box 3, Folder 7: American Colony in Jerusalem
- series: Part I: Topical File, 1871-2004
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Colony, American Colony, John D Whiting, and Edward F Loud. American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from American Colony John D. Whiting to Edward F. Loud. 1918. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.074/.
APA citation style:
American Colony, American Colony, Whiting, J. D. & Loud, E. F. (1918) American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from American Colony John D. Whiting to Edward F. Loud. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.074/.
MLA citation style:
American Colony, et al. American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Letter from American Colony John D. Whiting to Edward F. Loud. 1918. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.074/>.