Photo, Print, Drawing American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Photograph album, Locust plague of 1915
About this Item
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Photograph album, Locust plague of 1915
- American Colony (Jerusalem)
- Larsson, Lewis (Photographer)
- American Colony Photo Department (Creator)
Created / Published
- - American Colony Photo Department
- - Locusts--Palestine
- - Palestine--Locust plagues
- - Photography--Palestine
- - Larsson, Lewis
- - Manuscripts
- - Photographs
- - Palestine -- Jerusalem
- - Black leather photograph album, bound vertically, containing 57 hand-colored prints ( ca. 10 1/2 x 7 1/2") depicting the effects of the locust plague of 1915 in Palestine. Attributed to Lewis Larsson, photographer, head of the American Colony Photo Department. Includes studies of stages of transformation in life cycle of locust, "before" and "after" images of landscapes and flora impacted by the invasion, and abatement methods used.
- - See for reference similar photograph album in the Papers of John D. Whiting, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress.
- photo album 13" x 10" closed
Call Number/Physical Location
- Part 1, OV 4: American Colony in Jerusalem
- series: Part I: Topical File, 1871-2004
- American Colony in Jerusalem Collection
- Manuscript Division
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has reviewed the copyright status of the documents presented from collection and is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights.
The written permission of the copyright owners (and/or other rights holders) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for determining the legal status of an item and securing any necessary usage permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
To cite illustration materials appearing in the framework of this site, please refer to repository, collection, and digital filename information provided in the captions of the individual items.
When citing individual essays or features in the framework, or searchable digitized primary materials included in this online presentation, please credit as follows: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. Please include digital filename and/or URL.
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Colony, Lewis Larsson, and American Colony Photo Department. American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Photograph album, Locust plague of. Palestine Jerusalem, 1915. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.058/.
APA citation style:
American Colony, Larsson, L. & American Colony Photo Department. (1915) American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Photograph album, Locust plague of. Palestine Jerusalem, 1915. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.058/.
MLA citation style:
American Colony, Lewis Larsson, and American Colony Photo Department. American Colony in Jerusalem Collection: Part I: Photograph album, Locust plague of. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mamcol.058/>.