Map Americae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio Americae sive quartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio
About this Item
- Americae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio
- Americae sive quartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio
- Gutiérrez, Diego, active 1554-1569.
- Cock, Hieronymus, approximately 1510-1570.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [Antwerp : s.n.], 1562.
- - Western Hemisphere--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Western Hemisphere
- - America
- - Covers North and South America with the adjacent seas.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - From the Rosenwald Collection, Library of Congress, no. 1303.
- - Originally printed on 6 sheets.
- - Described in Quarterly Journal of the Library of Congress, v. 6, no. 3 (May 1949), p. 18-20.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1303
- - Includes texts in cartouche, statements of dedication, coats-of-arms, ill. of allegorical figure "Victoria", and ill. of sailing ships at sea and imaginary marine creatures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy sheet trimmed.
- - Vault
- - LAC scc 2019-07-10 update (1 card)
- - Card copy 1 reviewed part of Rosenwald Coll per shelflist card. HREC has G & M.LAC scc 2019-07-10
- 1 map ; 83 x 86 cm., on sheet 100 x 102 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3290 1562 .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Mapping the National Parks (173)
- Discovery and Exploration (215)
- Parallel Histories: Spain, the United States, and the American Frontier (389)
- Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items (1,405)
- World Digital Library (19,417)
- Geography and Map Division (56,253)
- American Memory (503,427)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,495,887)
- Today in History - November 28
- Today in History - September 28
- Inventing America - 1492: An Ongoing Voyage
- Memory Gallery A - American Treasures of the Library of Congress
- Puerto Rico at the Dawn of the 20th Century
- Imaginary Maps in Literature and Beyond: Map Monsters
- Hy-Brasil: The Supernatural Island
- Dealing with Difficult Subjects in Primary Sources
- The Mind of the Mapmaker: Purpose and Point of View in Maps
- Swampland in Florida
- Shout Out to Young People Learning in El Monte, California
- Swampland in Florida
- Today in History - June 9
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gutiérrez, Diego, Active, Hieronymus Cock, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Americae Sive Qvartae Orbis Partis Nova Et Exactissima Descriptio. [Antwerp: s.n, 1562] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/map49000970/.
APA citation style:
Gutiérrez, D., Cock, H. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1562) Americae Sive Qvartae Orbis Partis Nova Et Exactissima Descriptio. [Antwerp: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/map49000970/.
MLA citation style:
Gutiérrez, Diego, Active, Hieronymus Cock, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Americae Sive Qvartae Orbis Partis Nova Et Exactissima Descriptio. [Antwerp: s.n, 1562] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/map49000970/>.