Maps Morse's North American atlas.
About this Item
- Morse's North American atlas.
- Other Title
- Morse's cerographic maps
- Contributor Names
- Morse, Sidney E. (Sidney Edwards), 1794-1871.
- Breese, Samuel, 1802-1873.
- Harper & Brothers.
- Created / Published
- New York : Harper & brothers, [1842-5]
- North America -- Canada, east -- Canada west -- Maine -- Vermont and New Hampshire -- Massachusetts and Rhode Island -- Connecticut -- New York -- New York and vicinity -- City of New York -- New Jersey -- Pennsylvania -- Maryland and Delaware, District of Columbia -- Virginia -- North Carolina -- South Carolina -- Georgia -- Florida -- Alabama -- Mississippi -- Louisiana -- Texas -- Arkansas -- Kentucky and Tennessee -- Ohio --Michigan -- Indiana -- Illinois -- Iowa and Wisconsin -- Wisconsin, southestern part -- Missouri -- Indian Territory -- Map of the Californias -- Mexico, Central America -- West India islands.
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - North America
- - United States
- - "Entered, according to Act of Congress, in 1842, by Sidney E. Morse and Samuel Breese, in the Clerk's Office of the Southern District of New York."
- - Issued in fascicles.
- - Phillips, 1228
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - The last page is a cover to fascicle no. 3. This cover has an amended contents note pasted on renumbering this cover as no. 9.
- 1 atlas ( leaves) : 36 col. maps ; 45 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1105 .M6 1842
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morse, Sidney E, Samuel Breese, and Harper & Brothers. Morse's North American atlas. [New York: Harper & brothers, -5, 1842] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/map54000295/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Morse, S. E., Breese, S. & Harper & Brothers. (1842) Morse's North American atlas. [New York: Harper & brothers, -5] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/map54000295/.
MLA citation style:
Morse, Sidney E, Samuel Breese, and Harper & Brothers. Morse's North American atlas. [New York: Harper & brothers, -5, 1842] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/map54000295/>.