Map Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra. Atlas / Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra / Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mundi et fabricati figura
About this Item
- Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra.
- Other Title
- Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra
- Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mundi et fabricati figura
- Contributor Names
- Mercator, Gerhard, 1512-1594.
- Mercator, Rumold, approximately 1545-1599.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [Dvisbvrgi Clivorvm 
- Subject Headings
- - Geography--Early works to 1800
- - Germany--Duisburg
- - Germany--Düsseldorf
- World atlases
- Early maps
- - The first part, originally published in 1585, is composed of three fascicles, each with a special t. p.: Galliæ tabulę geographicæ ; Belgii Inferioris geographicæ tabulę ; Germaniae tabulę geographicæ. The second part, originally published in 1589, has special t. p.: Italiae, Sclavoniæ, et Graeciæ tabulę geographicę.
- - The third part, under whose title the work is published, precedes the first and second parts. Left unfinished by the author, it was completed, and the whole work edited and published by his son, Rumold Mercator, in 1595.
- - Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 730
- - Phillips 5918
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - LC copy bound in contemporary brown calf binding stamped in blind, with one border and some vignettes in gilt. The letters T. D. N. G. M. S. appear in gilt on front cover, and the date in gilt, on the back of the book.
- - LC copy from the library of F.E. Lauber, with his bookplate.
- - LAC knj 2019-07-02 update (2 cards)
- 3 pts. in 1 v. port., 107 col. maps (part fold.) 45 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1007 .A7 1595
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mercator, Gerhard, Rumold Mercator, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra. [Dvisbvrgi Clivorvm, 1595] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/map55000728/.
APA citation style:
Mercator, G., Mercator, R. & Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. (1595) Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra. [Dvisbvrgi Clivorvm] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/map55000728/.
MLA citation style:
Mercator, Gerhard, Rumold Mercator, and Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection. Atlas sive Cosmographicae meditationes de fabrica mvndi et fabricati figvra. [Dvisbvrgi Clivorvm, 1595] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/map55000728/>.
More Maps like this
MapCivitates orbis terrarvm. "Privilegium Caesareae maiestatis, which occurs in each volume generally on the reverse of the title page, refers to Francis Hogenberg as the author's collaborator."--Phillips. Colophon of v. 1: Coloniae Agrippinae, apud Petrum...
- Contributor: Braun, Georg - Brachel, P. Von - Rantzau, Henrik - Hoefnagel, Jacob - Hoefnagel, Joris - Hogenberg, Abraham - Novellanus, Simon - Hogenberg, Frans - Hierat, Anton - Deventer, Jacob Van
- Date: 1612
MapOrbis terrae novissima descriptio Includes two wind charts, compass rose, lunar chart, climatic zones, armillary sphere, notes and illustrations In upper right corner: I. LC copy mounted on cloth. Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Leclerc, Jean - Mercator, Gerhard - Hondius, Jodocus
- Date: 1602
MapWorld Map on Double Cordiform Projection. This world map on two sheets is an early work of the famous Flemish cartographer Gerardus Mercator (1512--94). Only two copies of the map are extant: this one from the American Geographical...
- Contributor: Mercator, Gerhard
- Date: 1538
MapTheatrvm orbis terrarvm.
Theatrum orbis terrarum Relief shown pictorially. Catalogus auctorum includes 92 names. Epigram on t.p. verso has 16 lines. Includes 53 map sheets, with descriptive text on verso. List of geographical atlases in the Library of...
- Contributor: Ortelius, Abraham - Llwyd, Humphrey - Diesth, Aegid. Coppenius (Aegidius Coppenius)
- Date: 1570
MapLa carte générale du monde Relief shown pictorially. Includes text, 2 celestial hemispheres, 3 compasses, and latitudinal sphere. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 26-86 Vault
- Contributor: Berey, Nicolas - Duval, P. (Pierre)
- Date: 1661