Map Literary map of Texas.
About this Item
- Literary map of Texas.
- Contributor Names
- Dallas. Public Library. Texas and Local History Department.
- First National Bank in Dallas.
- Created / Published
- [Dallas] First National Bank in Dallas 
- Subject Headings
- - Literary landmarks--Texas--Maps
- - Authors, American--Homes and haunts--Texas--Maps
- - Texas--Intellectual life--Maps
- - Texas--Maps, Pictorial
- - United States--Texas
- - Scale ca. 1:2,200,000.
- - Pictorial map.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LMP
- - AACR2: 650/1; 651/2
- map on sheet 59 x 71 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4031.E65 1955 .D3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dallas. Public Library. Texas And Local History Department, and First National Bank In Dallas. Literary map of Texas. [Dallas First National Bank in Dallas, 1955] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/map56000650/.
APA citation style:
Dallas. Public Library. Texas And Local History Department & First National Bank In Dallas. (1955) Literary map of Texas. [Dallas First National Bank in Dallas] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/map56000650/.
MLA citation style:
Dallas. Public Library. Texas And Local History Department, and First National Bank In Dallas. Literary map of Texas. [Dallas First National Bank in Dallas, 1955] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/map56000650/>.
More Maps like this
MapPony express route April 3, 1860 - October 24, 1861 Pictorial map. Shows route of Pony Express with names and location of relay stations. Includes text by Howard R. Driggs and illustrations. LC Trails, 221 Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: Jackson, William Henry - Union Pacific Railroad Company - Driggs, Howard R. (Howard Roscoe)
- Date: 1951
MapThe villa and presidio of San Antonio de Bexar : together with the Franciscan Missions, including ... Includes portraits and views of historic events. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Lanier, Fanita
- Date: 1935
MapColonists' and emigrants' route to Texas. Scale not given. Relief shown pictorially and by shading. Towns represented pictorially. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1877, by John Z. Miller ..." Includes ill. and map of...
- Contributor: Rand McNally and Company - Miller, John Z.
- Date: 1877
MapTexas; county subdivisions, census county divisions and places. 1970. Scale ca. 1:1,500,000. Includes 5 insets and "County location index." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. AACR2
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census
- Date: 1971
MapTexas "Sources: Base map from U.S. Geological Survey, Texas, 1965. County and place boundaries certified by local officials, January 1, 1980." Includes indexes and 5 insets. Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Contributor: United States. Bureau of the Census. Data Preparation Division - United States. Bureau of the Census. Geography Division
- Date: 1980