Film, Video The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress
About this Item
- The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress
- Contributor Names
- United States Army Eighth Air Force
- Wyler, William
- Paramount Pictures, inc.
- Kern, Ed
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Documentary
- - Summary: Documentary about the 25th and last bombing mission of the B-17 bomber, Memphis Belle.
- - Credits: Narrated by Ed Kern.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 9301
- Source Collection
- Copyright Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
- Selections from the National Film Registry
- Free to Use and Reuse: Selections from the National Film Registry
- Free to Use and Reuse: Public Domain Films from the National Film Registry | Free to Use and Reuse Sets
- National Film Registry | Articles and Essays | National Screening Room | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army Eighth Air Force, William Wyler, Inc Paramount Pictures, and Ed Kern. The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress. 1944. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00009301/.
APA citation style:
United States Army Eighth Air Force, Wyler, W., Paramount Pictures, I. & Kern, E. (1944) The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00009301/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army Eighth Air Force, et al. The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress. 1944. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00009301/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe House I Live In
- Contributor: RKO Radio Pictures - Maltz, Albert - Sinatra, Frank - Stordahl, Alex
- Date: 1945
Film, VideoPopeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor
- Contributor: Paramount Pictures, Inc - Nolan, Edward - Fleischer, Dave - Germanetti, George
- Date: 1936
Film, Video1104 Sutton Road
- Contributor: Wilding Picture Productions - Champion Paper and Fibre Company
- Date: 1958
Film, VideoAre You Popular?
- Contributor: Coronet Instructional Films
- Date: 1947
Film, VideoWhat Makes Us Tick
- Contributor: John Sutherland Productions - New York Stock Exchange
- Date: 1952