Film, Video The Middleton Family at the New York World's Fair
About this Item
- The Middleton Family at the New York World's Fair
- Contributor Names
- Snody, Robert R. (Director)
- Audio Productions (Production company)
- Westinghouse Electric (Sponsor)
- Steiner, William, 1903-1968 (Cinematographer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Advertising
- - Summary: "This drama illustrates the contribution of free enterprise, technology, and Westinghouse products to the American way of life. The Middleton Family at the New York World's Fair pits an anti-capitalist bohemian artist boyfriend against an all-American electrical engineer who believes in improving society by working through corporations. The Middletons experience Westinghouse's technological marvels at the Fair and win back their daughter from her leftist boyfriend"--Internet Archive.
- - Credits: Cast: Marjorie Lord (Babs), James Lydon (Bud), Ruth Lee (Mother), Harry Shannon (Father), Adora Andrews (Grandma), Douglas Stark (Jim Treadway), George J. Lewis (Nick Makaroff), Georgette Harvey (Maid). With Ray Perkins, Helen Bennett.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- MAVIS identifier: 21068
- Source Collection
- AFI/David Shepard Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright in the motion pictures in this collection. Items not subject to copyright are free to use and reuse.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. The Library notes that the reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in some foreign countries. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Snody, Robert R, Audio Productions, Westinghouse Electric, and William Steiner. The Middleton Family at the New York World's Fair. 1939. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00021068/. (Accessed January 16, 2018.)
APA citation style:
Snody, R. R., Audio Productions, Westinghouse Electric & Steiner, W. (1939) The Middleton Family at the New York World's Fair. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00021068/.
MLA citation style:
Snody, Robert R, et al. The Middleton Family at the New York World's Fair. 1939. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00021068/>.