Film, Video Reclaiming American History From Paper Rolls by the Renovare Process
About this Item
- Reclaiming American History From Paper Rolls by the Renovare Process
- Contributor Names
- Primrose Productions
- Niver, Kemp R.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Educational films
- Educational films
- - Summary: Describes the project to convert over two million feet of original positive photographic paper rolls in the Paper Print Collection of the Library of Congress to 16 mm. safety film. Follows the steps in the conversion process used by the Renovare Film Company, including the frame-by-frame photographing of the paper prints. Includes scenes from some of the pre-1912 films reproduced
- - Credits: Narrator: Kemp R. Niver. Editors, Thomas E. Fox, Bruce Bailey, Robert Struble.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 144505
- Source Collection
- Niver (Kemp) Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Primrose Productions, and Kemp R Niver. Reclaiming American History From Paper Rolls by the Renovare Process. 1953. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00144505/.
APA citation style:
Primrose Productions & Niver, K. R. (1953) Reclaiming American History From Paper Rolls by the Renovare Process. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00144505/.
MLA citation style:
Primrose Productions, and Kemp R Niver. Reclaiming American History From Paper Rolls by the Renovare Process. 1953. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs00144505/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoRadio and Television
- Contributor: Burton Holmes Films (Chicago, Ill.) - Vocational Guidance Films, Inc - Twogood, Arthur P.
- Date: 1940
Film, VideoPreservation of the Sign Language
- Contributor: Veditz, George William
- Date: 1913
Film, VideoFor Health and Happiness
- Contributor: United States Department of Agriculture - Cornell University - Monsch, Helen
- Date: 1941
Film, VideoOne Tenth of a Nation. The Press
- Contributor: Dandridge, Ruby - Dunnigan, Alice Allison - Nkrumah, Kwame
- Date: 1953
Film, VideoVillage School
- Contributor: Shaw, Alexander - Great Britain. Ministry of Information - Strand Film Company Limited
- Date: 1940