Film, Video The Wizard's Apprentice
About this Item
- The Wizard's Apprentice
- Contributor Names
- Schenck, Joseph M.
- Menzies, William Cameron
- Dukas, Paul
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Motion pictures
- Motion pictures
- - Summary: "Joseph Schenck/William Cameron Menzies classical musical production of music by Dukas"--Summary from J. Fred MacDonald and Associates film inventory. The wizard's apprentice tries his hand at the black magic while the wizard is away. He animates a broom to fetch water, which becomes an army of brooms that floods the room. The wizard returns and puts everything back to normal.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 1839949
- Source Collection
- Macdonald (J. Fred And Leslie W.) Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schenck, Joseph M, William Cameron Menzies, and Paul Dukas. The Wizard's Apprentice. 1930. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01839949/.
APA citation style:
Schenck, J. M., Menzies, W. C. & Dukas, P. (1930) The Wizard's Apprentice. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01839949/.
MLA citation style:
Schenck, Joseph M, William Cameron Menzies, and Paul Dukas. The Wizard's Apprentice. 1930. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01839949/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDuck and Cover
- Contributor: Archer Productions - United States. Office of Civil Defense
- Date: 1951
Film, VideoFor Health and Happiness
- Contributor: United States Department of Agriculture - Cornell University - Monsch, Helen
- Date: 1941
Film, VideoOne Tenth of a Nation. The Press
Alternate Title: The press.
- Contributor: Dandridge, Ruby - Dunnigan, Alice Allison - Nkrumah, Kwame
- Date: 1953
Film, VideoFacts About Film
- Contributor: International Film Bureau
- Date: 1948
Film, VideoMen and Dust
- Contributor: Dick, Sheldon - Geer, Will
- Date: 1940