Film, Video For Health and Happiness
About this Item
- For Health and Happiness
- Contributor Names
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Cornell University
- Monsch, Helen
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Educational films
- Educational films
- - Summary: "U.S. Department of Agriculture short re the proper way to nourish children, from infants to teenagers--excellent shots of naked babies--good montage of healthy foods: milk, meat ... vegetables (potatoes, carrots, string beans), oatmeal, orange is juiced--excellent color (1941)"--Summary from the J. Fred MacDonald and Associates film inventory.
- - Credits: Narrator: Helen Monsch.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 1840194
- Source Collection
- Macdonald (J. Fred And Leslie W.) Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Department Of Agriculture, Cornell University, and Helen Monsch. For Health and Happiness. 1941. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01840194/.
APA citation style:
United States Department Of Agriculture, Cornell University & Monsch, H. (1941) For Health and Happiness. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01840194/.
MLA citation style:
United States Department Of Agriculture, Cornell University, and Helen Monsch. For Health and Happiness. 1941. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01840194/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOne Tenth of a Nation. The Press
- Contributor: Dandridge, Ruby - Dunnigan, Alice Allison - Nkrumah, Kwame
- Date: 1953
Film, VideoFacts About Film
- Contributor: International Film Bureau
- Date: 1948
Film, VideoReclaiming American History From Paper Rolls by the Renovare Process
- Contributor: Primrose Productions - Niver, Kemp R.
- Date: 1953
Film, VideoRadio and Television
- Contributor: Burton Holmes Films (Chicago, Ill.) - Vocational Guidance Films, Inc - Twogood, Arthur P.
- Date: 1940
Film, VideoPreservation of the Sign Language
- Contributor: Veditz, George William
- Date: 1913