Film, Video Gay and Proud
About this Item
- Gay and Proud
- Contributor Names
- Vincenz, Lilli
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Documentary films
- Documentary films
- - Summary: Footage of one of the earliest Gay Pride demonstration marches, the first Christopher Street Liberation Day Parade, held in New York City, New York, on June 28, 1970, to commemorate the first anniversary of the Stonewall Riots.
- - Credits: Photography and editing, Clifton R. Witt, Lilli M. Vincenz.
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 1991430
- Source Collection
- Lilli M. Vincenz Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vincenz, Lilli. Gay and Proud. 1970. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01991430/.
APA citation style:
Vincenz, L. (1970) Gay and Proud. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01991430/.
MLA citation style:
Vincenz, Lilli. Gay and Proud. 1970. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs01991430/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Second Largest Minority
- Contributor: Vincenz, Lilli
- Date: 1968
Film, Video200,000,000 Mouths.
- Contributor: Dalrymple, Ian - Genn, Leo - Wessex Film Productions - United States. Economic Cooperation Administration
- Date: 1950
Film, VideoA Time for Freedom
- Contributor: Johnson, Mordecai W. - Rustin, Bayard - Shuttlesworth, Fred L. - King, Martin Luther - Parks, Rosa - Randolph, A. Philip - Powell, Adam Clayton - Jackson, Mahalia - Belafonte, Harry - Wilkins, Roy - Lerner, Carl
- Date: 1957
Film, VideoJerry Pulls the Strings.
- Contributor: Sindic, Jules K.
- Date: 1938
Film, VideoThe Cry of Jazz
- Contributor: Khtb Productions - Bland, Ed. - Sun Ra
- Date: 1959