Film, Video Magic of the Bicycle
About this Item
- Magic of the Bicycle
- Contributor Names
- Arnold, Schwinn & Company
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Animated films
- Animated films
- - Summary: From MacDonald inventory: Historical profile of the development of the first bicycles beginning in the 1800s--various bicycle models shown; high-wheeler, bike without peddles, etc.--first bicycle w/ sprocket and chain gear--newspaper boys delivering paper on bicycles--new bicycle lanes open-up--bikes used in industry and businesses; bikes used to delivery tools to business--bicycle used for adventure trips--couple enjoys romantic time bicycling in the wild--housewife and mother uses bicycle w/ shopping basket to go grocery shopping, "She will save money on gas!"--film promotes bicycling as a good family bonding activity and good for health--bicycle race around track--Jackie Hines, Olympian bike rider and others shown--bike safety features of new model shown--interview w/ Dr. White on the importance of bicycling for good health
- Film, Video
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 2015041
- Source Collection
- Macdonald (J. Fred And Leslie W.) Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Online Format
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Arnold, Schwinn & Company. Magic of the Bicycle. 1965. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02015041/.
APA citation style:
Arnold, S. &. C. (1965) Magic of the Bicycle. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02015041/.
MLA citation style:
Arnold, Schwinn & Company. Magic of the Bicycle. 1965. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02015041/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDuck and Cover
- Contributor: Archer Productions - United States. Office of Civil Defense
- Date: 1951
Film, VideoRudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer : With Christmas Greetings From Montgomery Ward
- Contributor: McKee, Robinson - Montgomery Ward - Smith, Fletcher - Sturm, William - Kakudo, Howard - Fleischer, Max
- Date: 1948
Film, VideoThe Family Album--Portraying Notable Descendants of Tel E. Phone.
- Contributor: Barrell, Charles W. - Scheib, Philip A. - Audio Cinema, Inc
- Date: 1930
Film, VideoPopeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor
- Contributor: Paramount Pictures, Inc - Nolan, Edward - Fleischer, Dave - Germanetti, George
- Date: 1936
Film, VideoWhat Makes Us Tick
- Contributor: John Sutherland Productions - New York Stock Exchange
- Date: 1952