Film, Video Palmour Street : A Study in Family Life Alternate Title: Palmour St.
About this Item
- Palmour Street : A Study in Family Life
- Alternate Title: Palmour St.
- Georgia. Department of Public Health
- Southern Educational Film Production Service
Created / Published
- - Instructional films
- Instructional films
- - Summary: This film shows events in the family life of rural African-American families living on Palmour Street in Gainesville, Georgia. It illustrates basic concepts of mental health as they relate to family life and highlights some of the ways that parents influence the mental and emotional development of their children. Also addressed are the challenges for a household in which both parents work outside the home.
- - Credits: Commentary by Rev. Wm. Holmes Borders.
- Film, Video
Call Number/Physical Location
- Mavis identifier: 2035389
- American Archives Of The Factual Film Collection
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Georgia. Department Of Public Health, and Southern Educational Film Production Service. Palmour Street: A Study in Family Life. 1951. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02035389/.
APA citation style:
Georgia. Department Of Public Health & Southern Educational Film Production Service. (1951) Palmour Street: A Study in Family Life. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02035389/.
MLA citation style:
Georgia. Department Of Public Health, and Southern Educational Film Production Service. Palmour Street: A Study in Family Life. 1951. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mbrs02035389/>.