Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 6, Quinn-Tuttle
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 6, Quinn-Tuttle
- - Includes narratives by Alice Rivers, Amanda Ross, Andrew Smith, Annie Thompson, Anthony Taylor, Arzella Smallwood, Augustus Robinson, Bob Samuels, Caroline Smith, Caroline Stout, Cat Ross, Charlie Rigger, Charlotte E. Stephens, Clay Reaves, Cora Scroggins, Diana Rankins, Dicey Thomas, Doc Quinn, Dora Richard, Edmond Smith, Ellen Briggs Thompson, Emma (Bama) Tidwell, Emma Hulett Smith, Emma Sanderson, Emma Turner, Ervin E. Smith, Fannie Sims, Fannie Tatum, Felix Street, Frances Smith, Frank Reed, Frederick Shelton, George Robertson (Robinson?), Hannah Travis, Hattie Thompson, Henrietta Evelina Smith, Henrietta Ralls, Henry Russell, Henry Smith, Henry Turner, Hezekiah (Ky) Steel, Ida Rigley, Isom Rogers, Isom Starnes, J. L. Smith, J. Roberts, J.T. Tims, James Henry Stith, James Reeves, James Spikes, James Tubb, Jane Reece, Jerry Sims, Jim Ricks, Joe Tillman, John H. Smith, Katie Rye, Kittie Stanford, Landy Rucker, Laura Rowland, Laura Shelton, Laura Thornton, Liza Moore Tanner, Liza Stiggers, Lula Taylor, Maggie and Charlie Snow, Maggie Stenhouse, Mahalia Shores, Malindy Robinson, Mamie Thompson, Mandy Thomas, Mandy Tucker, Mark C. Trotter, Martha Ruffin, Mary Scott, Mary Shaw, Mary Tabon, Mary Teel, Mattie Ross, Mike Thompson, Millie Taylor, Milton Ritchie, Minnie Johnson Stewart, Mollie Hardy Scott, Omelia Thomas, Oscar James Rogers, Peggy Sloan, Robert Solomon, Roberta Shaver, Rosa Simmons, Sam Scott, Sarah Sexton, Sarah Smiley, Sarah Taylor, Seabe Tuttle, Senia Rassberry, Senya Singfield, Shepherd Rhone, Sneed Teague, Tanner Thomas, Thomas Ruffin, Tom Robinson, Tom Stanhouse, Victoria Sims, Violet Shaw, Virginia Sims, Wade Thermon, Warren Taylor, Wester Thomas, Will Ann Rogers, William Henry Rooks, William J. Stevens
- - Interviews were conducted by Bernice Bowden, Beulah Sherwood Hagg, Carol N. Graham, Cecil Copeland, Irene Robertson, Martin & Barker, Mary D. Hudgins, Miss Hazel Horn, Miss Irene Robertson, Miss Sallie C. Miller, Mrs. Carol Graham & Mrs. Mildred Thompson, Mrs. M. W. Ball, Pernella Anderson, Samuel S. Taylor, Thomas Elmore Lucy, Watt McKinney, and Zillah Cross Peel.
- - Interviews conducted in Biscoe, Brassfield, Brinkley, Clarendon, Clarksville, Curtis, Des Arc, Devalls Bluff, Edmondson, El Dorado, Forrest City, Green Grove, Hazen, Helena, Holly Grove, Hot Springs, Humphrey, Junction City, Little Rock, Madison, Marianna, Palestine, Pine Bluff, Russellville, Texarkana, Turner, Washington, Washington County, West Memphis, Wheatley, and Widener, Arkansas.
- 376 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 6, Quinn-Tuttle. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn026/.
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 6, Quinn-Tuttle. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn026/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 6, Quinn-Tuttle. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mesn026/>.
More Manuscripts/Mixed Material like this