Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 7, Vaden-Young
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 7, Vaden-Young
- - Includes narratives by Adelaide J. Vaughn, Alfred Wells, Alice Wise, Alice Wright, Anna Washington, Anna Williamson, Anna Woods, Annie Mae Weathers, Annie Young, Bart Wayne, Bell Wilks, Bell Williams, Cal Woods, Callie Halsey Williamson, Calvin West, Caroline Watson, Charley Williams, Charlie Vaden, Charlie Williams, Charlotte Willis, Clara Walker, Columbus Williams, Cora Weathers, David Whiteman, Dock Wilborn, Dolly Whiteside, Douglas Wells, Eliza Washington, Ella Wilson, Ellen Vaden, Emmeline (Emiline) Waddille (Waddell), Evans Warrior, Frank Williams, Frank Wise, Gus Williams, Hannah Brooks Wright, Henrietta Williams, Henry Andrew (Tip) Williams, Henry Waldon, Henry Walker, Ike Worthy, Ishe Webb, J. W. Whitfield, Jake Walker, James Williams, Joe Whitaker, John Wells, John Wesley, John Williams, John Young, Julia A. White, Julia White, Lillie Williams, Lucy White, Lucy Withers, Maggie Wesmoland, Maggie Woods, Mary Mays West, Mary Watson, Mary Williams, Mrs. John G. High, Nettie Van Buren, Parrish Washington, Robert Wesley, Robert Wilson, Rosena Hunt Williams, Sam Word, Sarah Wells, Sarah Whitmore, Sarah Williams Wells, Sylvester Wethington, Tom Windham, Tom Yates, William Ball (Soldier) Williams III, Willie Wallace.
- - Interviews were conudcted by Alfred Wells, Bernice Bowden, Beulah Sherwood Hagg, Blanche Edwards, Irene Robertson, Martin - Barker, Mary D. Hudgins, Mrs Blanche Edwards, Mrs. Mildred Thompson, Mrs. Carol Graham, Pernella Anderson, Samuel S. Taylor, Thomas Elmore Lucy, and Watt McKinney.
- - Interviews were conducted in Biscoe, Brassfield, Brinkley, Clarendon, Devalls Bluff, Edmondson, El Dorado, Forrest City, Garland County, Hazen, Helena, Holly Grove, Hot Springs, Little Rock, Lonoke, Lonoke County, Madison, Marianna, Marvell, North Little Rock, Pine Bluff, Russellville, Stevens, Wheatley, and Widener, Arkansas.
- 262 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 7, Vaden-Young. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn027/. (Accessed September 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 7, Vaden-Young. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn027/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 2, Arkansas, Part 7, Vaden-Young. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn027/>.