Manuscript/Mixed Material Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 10, Missouri, Abbot-Younger
About this Item
- Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 10, Missouri, Abbot-Younger
- - Includes narratives by Alex Bufford, Alice Sewell, Ann Stokes, Ann Ulrich Evans, Annie Bridges, Betty Abernathy, Betty Brown, Charles Gabriel Anderson, Charlie Richardson, Clara McNeely Harrell, Clay Smith, Dave Harper, Delia Hill, Delicia Patterson, Ed Craddock, Edward Taylor, Eliza Madison, Eliza Overton, Ellaine Wright, Emily Camster Green, Emma Knight, Emmaline Cope, Fil Hancock, Frank Sides, George Bollinger, Gus Smith, Hannah Allen, Hannah Jones, Harriet Casey, Harriet Lee, Hattie Matthews, Head, Henry Dant, Henry Johnson, Isabelle, James Goings, James Monroe Abbot, James Wilson, Jane Baker, Jane Simpson, Joe Casey, Joe Higgerson, John Estell, John McGuire, Letha Taylor Meeks, Lewis Mundy, Louis Hamilton, Louis Hill, Louis Thomas, Lucy Davis, Lula Chambers, Madison Frederick Ross, Malinda Murphy, Margaret Nickens, Marilda Pethy, Mary A. Bell, Mary Divine, Mattie Lee, Minskie (Minksy) Walker, Mintie Wood, Mollie Renfro Sides, Mrs. Charles Douthit, Mrs. Jame (Jane?) Thompson, Mrs. Lou Griffin, Perry McGee, Perry Sheppard, Peter Corn, Rachal Goings, Rhody Holsell, Rhody Hosell, Richard and Drucilla Martin, Richard Bruner, Robert Bryant, Sarah Frances Shaw Graves, Sarah Graves, Sarah Waggoner, Sim Younger, Smoky Eulenberg, Steve Brown, Susan Rhodes, Tishey Taylor, W. C. Parson Allen, Wes Lee, William Black, Wylie Miller.
- - Interviews were conducted by Bernard Hinkle, Carl B. Boyer, Chas. Baker, Ex-Slaves, G. K. Bartlett, Geo. K. Bartlett, Grace E. White, J. Tom Miles, Mollie E. Smith, and Mrs. Eli Daniel.
- - Interviews were conducted in Cape Girardeau, Cape Girardeau Co., Caruthersville, Commerce, Farmington, Festus, Fredericktown, Hannibal, Herculaneum, Jackson, Joplin, Marshall, Montgomery City, Nelson, Poplar Bluff, Rolla, Savannah, Sedalia, Skidmore, Skidmore Nodaway County, St. Joseph, St. Louis, St. Louis County, and Webb City, Missouri.
- 389 pages
- Source Collection
- Federal Writer's Project, United States Work Projects Administration (USWPA)
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- online text
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any copyright restrictions for the materials presented in this collection. U.S. Government employees created the materials in this collection. Generally speaking, works created by U.S. Government employees are not eligible for copyright protection in the United States, although they may be under copyright in some foreign countries. The persons interviewed or whose words were transcribed were generally not employees of the U.S. Government. Privacy and publicity rights may apply.
More information about American Memory, Copyright and other Restrictions.
Suggested credit line:
For digital images of typewritten narratives: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division.
For digital images of photographs: Library of Congress, [name of custodial division].
Note: Photographs in the online collection may originate from either the Prints and Photographs Division or the Manuscript Division. The record for each photograph specifies its custodial division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 10, Missouri, Abbot-Younger. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn100/. (Accessed November 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1936) Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 10, Missouri, Abbot-Younger. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn100/.
MLA citation style:
Federal Writers' Project: Slave Narrative Project, Vol. 10, Missouri, Abbot-Younger. 1936. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mesn100/>.