About this Item
- Women Trailblazers in the Law Project oral histories,
- Transcripts of oral history interviews with women lawyers from all areas of the profession: academia, corporations, government, judiciary, private law firms, and public interest groups. Interviewees include U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno, U.S. Assistant Attorney General Jamie S. Gorelick also a member of the 9/11 Commission, federal appellate judges Dolores K. Sloviter and Patricia M. Wald, U.S. Representative Pat Schroeder, and labor lawyer and civil rights advocate Judith P. Vladeck.
- Contributor Names
- Women Trailblazers in the Law Project.
- Subject Headings
- - Gorelick, Jamie S.--Interviews
- - Reno, Janet,--1938-2016--Interviews
- - Schroeder, Pat--Interviews
- - Sloviter, Dolores K.--(Dolores Korman),--1932---Interviews
- - Vladeck, Judith P.--Interviews
- - American Bar Association.--Commission on Women in the Profession
- - American Bar Association.--Senior Lawyers Division
- - Lawyers--United States--Interviews
- - Women lawyers--United States--Interviews
- - Arranged alphabetically by name of interviewee.
- - Researchers wishing to cite this collection should include the following information: Container number, Women Trailblazers in the Law Project Oral Histories, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- - Gift, American Bar Association. Commission on Women in the Profession, 2007-2012.
- - Project inititated in 2004 and administered by the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession. Currently sponsored by the Senior Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association with Brooksley Born, chair of the Senior Lawyers Division overseeing the project, and Linda Ferren, project director.
- - Collection material in English.
- - Women Trailblazers in the Law Project oral histories available through the American Bar Association Web site at http://www.americanbar.org/directories/women_trailblazers_project_listing.html External
- - Copies of interview transcripts are available at the Schlesinger Library of Harvard University; cataloged as "Oral history interviews of the American Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession Women Trailblazers in the Law Oral History Project."
- - Gift, American Bar Association, 2007-2012.
- - Finding aid available in the Library of Congress Manuscript Reading Room.
- 75 items.
- 13 containers.
- 5 linear feet.
- Library of Congress Manuscript Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/mss.home
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Advisory
- Restrictions apply.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Women Trailblazers In The Law Project. Women Trailblazers in the Law Project oral histories. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://lccn.loc.gov/mm2007085388.
APA citation style:
Women Trailblazers In The Law Project. Women Trailblazers in the Law Project oral histories. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/mm2007085388.
MLA citation style:
Women Trailblazers In The Law Project. Women Trailblazers in the Law Project oral histories. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <lccn.loc.gov/mm2007085388>.
More Collections like this
CollectionJohn A. Lawrence papers, Correspondence, email, memoranda, interviews, reports, meeting notes, subject files, printed matter, photographs, and other papers primarily relating to Lawrence's years as chief of staff for U.S. Congresswoman, House Minority Leader, and Speaker...
- Contributor: Lawrence, John A.
CollectionHarold M. Stephens papers, Correspondence, memoranda, diaries, speeches, writings, legal records, legislation, biographical papers, photographs, and other papers relating primarily to Stephens's career as a judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals (District of Columbia Circuit)...
- Contributor: Cummings, Homer S. (Homer Stillé) - Holman, Frank E. (Frank Ezekiel) - United States. Special Industrial Recovery Board - Stephens, Harold M. (Harold Montelle)
CollectionGeorge Sutherland papers, Correspondence, memoranda, diaries, speeches, notes, legal files, biographical material, scrapbooks, printed matter, and other papers relating primarily to Sutherland's service as U.S. congressman and senator from Utah and U.S. Supreme Court associate...
- Contributor: Sutherland, George
CollectionIrving R. Kaufman papers, Correspondence; memoranda; speeches; writings; case files, dockets, and opinions and other legal records; subject files; scrapbooks; photographs; and other papers chiefly documenting Kaufman's judicial career (1949-1992) on the U.S. District Court, Southern...
- Contributor: Kaufman, Irving R. (Irving Robert)
CollectionSamuel Dash papers, Correspondence, memoranda, legal material and opinions, writings, speeches, engagement file, teaching file, organization and committee file, clippings, appointment calendars, photographs, and other papers relating primarily to Dash's legal career after 1964, and...
- Contributor: Dash, Samuel