About this Item
- Samuel Whittemore Boggs papers, 1912-1954
- Correspondence, speeches, writings, subject files, research data, printed matter, maps, and other papers relating mainly to Boggs's geographic studies and to his inventions and research interests. Includes files of geographic data on various regions of the world, reports of missionary activity, and material relating to Boggs's pioneering work as inventor of an eumorphic equal-area map projection, graphic traffic signals, and a universal graphic charting instrument. Subjects include boundary delimitation, water boundaries, regionalism, and global relations.
- Contributor Names
- Boggs, Samuel Whittemore, 1889-1954.
- Subject Headings
- - Boundaries
- - Cartography
- - Cartography--Instruments
- - Geography
- - International relations
- - Map projection
- - Maps
- - Missions
- - Regionalism
- - Traffic signs and signals
- - Water boundaries
- - Arranged in 7 series. Series 1: Correspondence, 1916-1954; Series 2: Professional File, 1927-1953; Series 3: Writings File, 1931-1954; Series 4: Lectures, 1938-1942; Series 5: Subject File, 1915-1954; Series 6: Miscellany, 1912-1945; and Series 7: Oversize, 1932.
- - Gift, Mrs. Samuel Boggs, 1955.
- - Gift, Dorothy C. Novak, 1967.
- - Geographer, inventor, and cartographer.
- - Collection material in English.
- - Finding aid available in the Library of Congress Manuscript Reading Room and at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms012129
- - MSS13094
- 7,000 items.
- 31 containers plus 1 oversize.
- 29 linear feet.
- Library of Congress Manuscript Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/mss.home
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Advisory
- Open to research.
- Online Format
- web page
- Geographer, inventor, and cartographer. Correspondence, writings, subject files, research data, printed matter, and other material relating mainly to Boggs's geographic studies and to his inventions and research interests.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Boggs, Samuel Whittemore. Samuel Whittemore Boggs papers, -1954. 1912. Manuscript/Mixed Material. http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms012129.
APA citation style:
Boggs, S. W. (1912) Samuel Whittemore Boggs papers, -1954. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms012129.
MLA citation style:
Boggs, Samuel Whittemore. Samuel Whittemore Boggs papers, -1954. 1912. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms012129>.