About this Item
- John Steinbeck papers,
- Typescripts with holograph corrections of The Grapes of Wrath (1940) and Sea of Cortez (1941), the latter coauthored by Edward Flanders Ricketts, together with related material; and letter (1962 March 24) written by Steinbeck to Cynthia and Robert Wallsten, describing Steinbeck's stay on Capri Island, Italy.
- Typed letter signed, author John Steinbeck to musician Eugene Istomin, May 20, 1968, re the Democratic Party primary in California (1968 presidential election) and the candidacy of Robert F. Kennedy and Hubert Humphrey
- Contributor Names
- Steinbeck, John, 1902-1968.
- Ricketts, Edward Flanders, 1897-1948.
- Subject Headings
- - Wallsten, Cynthia Rogers,---1971--Correspondence
- - Wallsten, Robert,--1912---Correspondence
- - American literature
- - Capri Island (Italy)--Description and travel
- - Italy--Description and travel
- - Arranged alphabetically by type of material or title.
- - Gift, Viking Press, 1943.
- - Transfer, Library of Congress Rare Book and Special Collections Division, 1964.
- - Purchase, 2001.
- - Author. Full name: John Ernst Steinbeck.
- - Collection material in English.
- - Finding aid available in the Library of Congress Manuscript Reading Room and at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms007068
- 9 items.
- 3 containers.
- Library of Congress Manuscript Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/mss.home
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Advisory
- Open to research.
- Restrictions may apply to unprocessed material.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Steinbeck, John, and Edward Flanders Ricketts. John Steinbeck papers. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://lccn.loc.gov/mm81041285.
APA citation style:
Steinbeck, J. & Ricketts, E. F. John Steinbeck papers. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/mm81041285.
MLA citation style:
Steinbeck, John, and Edward Flanders Ricketts. John Steinbeck papers. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <lccn.loc.gov/mm81041285>.
More Collections like this
CollectionGeorge Biddle papers, Correspondence; diaries; speeches; memoir; articles; sketchbooks; scrapbooks of clippings, announcements of exhibits, and reviews of Biddle's books; and other papers relating chiefly to his role in American art, his work for the...
- Contributor: Biddle, George - Sardeau, Hélène
CollectionEdmund Clarence Stedman papers, Correspondence, poems, and other papers. Correspondents include Edward Howard House.
- Contributor: Stedman, Edmund Clarence
CollectionKenneth Lewis Roberts papers, Chiefly holograph and typescript drafts, galley and final proofs, notes and notebooks, outlines, and other papers pertaining to novels, articles, and other writings by Roberts. Bulk of the collection pertains to articles...
- Contributor: Roberts, Kenneth Lewis
CollectionArchibald MacLeish papers, Correspondence reflecting MacLeish's relations with friends, literary colleagues, and government associates; notebooks (1919-1940s) containing drafts of poetry and prose, notes on travels and readings, and reflections on other writers and literature; notes,...
- Contributor: Macleish, Archibald
CollectionSir Augustus John Foster papers, Volumes containing correspondence, diaries, and writings chiefly concerning Foster's assignment as a British diplomat to the United States prior to the War of 1812, and to two present-day cities of Italy, Naples...
- Contributor: Foster, Augustus John