About this Item
- Otto Isakower and Salomea Isakower papers, 1880-1975
- Correspondence, writings, biographical data, and other papers pertaining to the work of Otto Isakower and to the history of psychoanalysis during his lifetime. Includes minutes (1923-1924) from meetings of the Vienna Psychoanalytic Society (Wiener Psychoanalytische Vereinigung), papers relating to the Isakowers' immigration and resettlement, a patient case file from the Vienna Allgemeines Krankenhaus, and data on dreams. Correspondents include Paul Federn, Anna Freud, Ernest Jones, Bertram David Lewin, and Herman Nunberg. Also includes photocopies of Sigmund Freud letters to Carl Koller (1880-1887) and to Albrecht Schaeffer (1939).
- Contributor Names
- Isakower, Otto, 1899-1972.
- Subject Headings
- - Federn, Paul--Correspondence
- - Freud, Anna,--1895-1982--Correspondence
- - Freud, Sigmund,--1856-1939--Correspondence
- - Jones, Ernest,--1879-1958--Correspondence
- - Koller, Carl,--1857-1944--Correspondence
- - Lewin, Bertram David,--1896---Correspondence
- - Nunberg, Herman,--1884-1970--Correspondence
- - Schaeffer, Albrecht,--1885-1950--Correspondence
- - Allgemeines Krankenhaus (Vienna, Austria)
- - Wiener Psychoanalytische Vereinigung
- - Dreams
- - Psychoanalysis
- - Psychoanalysis--Austria--Societies, etc
- - Gift, Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America, New York, N.Y., 1977.
- - Gift, Mrs. Abraham Tulin, via Hadassah, New York, N.Y., 1977.
- - Bequest, estate of Otto and Salomea Isakower, 1982.
- - Gift, Sigmund Freud Archives, Inc., 1982-1984.
- - Photographs transferred to Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division.
- - Psychoanalyst and author. Salomea Isakower (born Salomea Rettych in 1888), a physician, formerly Mrs. Felix Gutman, married Otto Isakower in 1938.
- - Collection material in English and German.
- - Finding aid available in the Library of Congress Manuscript Reading Room and at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms008055
- - Forms part of: Sigmund Freud collection.
- - The 1984 gift was originally processed as part of the Sigmund Freud Papers from which it was separated in 1990.
- - MSS57315
- 3,000 items.
- 6 containers.
- 2.6 linear feet.
- Library of Congress Manuscript Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/mss.home
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Advisory
- Open to research.
- Online Format
- web page
- Psychoanalyst and writer, Otto Isakower. Physician, Salomea Isakower. Correspondence, writings, biographical data, and other material pertaining primarily to the work of Otto Isakower and to the history of psychoanalysis during his lifetime.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Isakower, Otto. Otto Isakower and Salomea Isakower papers, -1975. 1880. Manuscript/Mixed Material. http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms008055.
APA citation style:
Isakower, O. (1880) Otto Isakower and Salomea Isakower papers, -1975. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms008055.
MLA citation style:
Isakower, Otto. Otto Isakower and Salomea Isakower papers, -1975. 1880. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms008055>.