About this Item
- Ayn Rand papers,
- Chiefly holograph and typewritten drafts, galleys, and proofs of Rand's novels We the Living (1936), Anthem (1938), The Fountainhead (1943), and Atlas Shrugged (1957). Addition includes holograph essays on subjects such as Watergate, the Supreme Court, economics, and inflation written by Rand between 1971 and 1974 for her newsletter, The Ayn Rand Letter. Also includes other material pertaining to the newsletter and to The Objectivist and photographs.
- Contributor Names
- Rand, Ayn.
- Rand, Ayn, editor.
- Subject Headings
- - United States.--Supreme Court
- - Economics
- - Inflation (Finance)
- - Objectivism (Philosophy)
- - Watergate Affair, 1972-1974
- - Partial microfilm edition available, no. 22,123.
- - Microfilm produced from originals in the Manuscript Division. Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress Photoduplication Service, 2000.
- - Gift, Mrs. Laurie, 1965.
- - Gift, Leonard Peikoff, 1991-2002.
- - Gift, Stuart Rose, 2002.
- - Author and philosopher. Born 1905; died 1982.
- - Collection material in English.
- - Finding aid available in the Library of Congress Manuscript Reading Room and at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms002006
- 220 items.
- 31 containers.
- 12.8 linear feet.
- 19 microfilm reels.
- Library of Congress Manuscript Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/mss.home
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Advisory
- Open to research.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rand, Ayn. Ayn Rand papers. editeds by Rand, Aynitor Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://lccn.loc.gov/mm95081073.
APA citation style:
Rand, A., Rand, A., ed. Ayn Rand papers. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/mm95081073.
MLA citation style:
Rand, Ayn. Ayn Rand papers. ed by Rand, Aynitor Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <lccn.loc.gov/mm95081073>.
More Collections like this
CollectionHarry A. Blackmun papers, Correspondence, appointment books, memoranda, case files, legal papers, subject files, speeches, and writings chiefly documenting Blackmun's career as associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (1970-1994) and as judge of the U.S....
- Contributor: Blackmun, Harry A. (Harry Andrew)
CollectionEdward William Brooke papers, Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, transcripts of interviews, writings, reports, notes, subject files, legislative bills, briefing books, press releases, photographs, and other papers relating primarily to Brooke's career as attorney general of Massachusetts (1963-1966)...
- Contributor: Brooke, Edward W. (Edward William)
CollectionJohn Paul Stevens papers, Case files consisting of administrative and opinion files, docket sheets, and certiorari memoranda documenting the first nine terms of Stevens's tenure as a Supreme Court justice. Includes materials pertaining to significant decisions...
- Contributor: Stevens, John Paul
CollectionAnthony Lewis Papers EAD3 - TEST, Correspondence, speeches, book drafts, research files for books, notebooks and notes, articles and columns by Lewis, reports, newsletters, photographs, and other papers chiefly documenting Lewis's career as a New York Times reporter,...
- Contributor: Lewis, Anthony
CollectionMary McGrory papers, Correspondence, speeches and writings, notebooks and notes, subject files, newspaper clippings, scrapbooks, printed matter, and other papers relating primarily to McGrory's career as a journalist. Documents her work as a book reviewer...
- Contributor: McGrory, Mary - Toll, Tina