Photo, Print, Drawing [Mrs. W. Thompson Burch]
About this Item
- [Mrs. W. Thompson Burch]
- Contributor Names
- Flett, Atlantic City, N.J. (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- [ca. 1910-1920]
- Subject Headings
- - Burch, Mrs. W. Thompson
- - National Woman's Party
- - Suffragists--United States--1910-1920
- - Women--Suffrage--New Jersey
- - Women--Suffrage--Washington (D.C.)
- - Photographs
- - United States -- New Jersey
- - United States -- District of Columbia
- - Summary: Full-length, studio portrait of Mrs. W. Thompson Burch, standing in a long formal dress facing right with head turned toward camera.
- - Title taken from duplicate image in the same folder. Name and address of photographer transcribed from item.
- - Mrs. W. Thompson Burch may be Sally H. Burch. Both a Sally H. Burch and a Mrs. W. Thompson Burch are identified in various issues of The Suffragist as the journal's circulation manager. Sally H. Burch resided at different times in both New Jersey and Washington, D.C.
- 1 photograph: print; 6 x 9 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Location: National Woman's Party Records, Group I, Container I:148, Folder: Burch, Mrs. W. Thompson
- Source Collection
- Records of the National Woman's Party
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works made for hire" (copyright held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and to hear from individuals or institutions having any additional information. Please contact us through our Ask A Librarian service.
Researchers wishing to quote from or refer to special presentation features and pdfs included in this digital site should cite the title of the feature and the following digital collection information: Women of Protest: Photographs from the Records of the National Woman's Party, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. Please include the URL of the web page being cited and the date of access. Citations to the individual photographs from the collection should include the photograph title and date, Records of the National Woman's Party, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. Please see the bibliographic records for the individual photographs for further detail.
The Library of Congress has researched the contents of this collection to ascertain any possible legal rights embodied in the materials. Items included in this collection with the permission of right holders are listed below. For further use of reproduction of those items, please contact the rights holders listed.
Two photographs, "Muriel Lynch (and daughter?)," and "Dorothy Thompson, Journalist," made available here with permission from Bachrach Studio. 321 S. Washington Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Flett, Atlantic City, N.J. [Mrs. W. Thompson Burch]. New Jersey United States Washington D.C, 1910. [to 1920] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mnwp000095/. (Accessed October 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Flett, A. C. (1910) [Mrs. W. Thompson Burch]. New Jersey United States Washington D.C, 1910. [to 1920] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mnwp000095/.
MLA citation style:
Flett, Atlantic City, N.J. [Mrs. W. Thompson Burch]. [to 1920] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mnwp000095/>.