Film, Video Annual baby parade, 1904, Asbury Park, N.J. /
About this Item
- Annual baby parade, 1904, Asbury Park, N.J. /
- Shows the Baby Parade at Asbury Park, N.J., in 1904. Includes scenes of boys (dressed as soldiers and sailors) and girls (dressed in oriental costume) marching in groups, mothers pushing decorated perambulators, and horse-drawn floats.
- Contributor Names
- Abadie, Alfred C. (Alfred Camille), 1878-1950, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Parades
- - Children
- - Parade floats
- - Asbury Park (N.J.)--Social life and customs
- - New Jersey--Social life and customs
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- - H50382 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 12Sep04; H50382.
- - Photographer, A.C. Abadie.
- - Photographer credit from Niver's, Early motion pictures, p. 9.
- - Kleine materials have no titles, are dark and frequently out of frame.
- - Duration: 3:44 (part 1), 1:47 (part 2) at 18 fps.
- - Copy two of ref print and dupe neg copied from paper pos. Intertitles added by Kemp Niver.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - ref print, dupe neg and arch pos; Received: 10-20-59 from USDA lab; purchase, replacing 35 mm. nitrate original received 3-27-47; Kleine (George) Collection.
- - ref print and dupe neg, copy two; Received: 12-27-52 from Primrose Productions lab; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - paper pos, copies one and two; Received: 9-12-1904; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- ref print. 1 reel of 1 (147 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 reel of 1 (147 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- arch pos. 1 reel of 1 (147 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- ref print (copy 2). 1 reel of 1 (155 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. (copy 2). 1 reel of 1 (155 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos. 1 roll (390 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos. (copy 2). 1 roll (390 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1376 (ref print)
- FRA 3631 (dupe neg)
- FRA 3632 (arch pos)
- FLA 4416 (ref print, copy 2)
- FRA 0074 (dupe neg, copy 2)
- LC 2261 (paper pos)
- LC 2261 (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAbadie, Alfred C. (alfred Camille)
Kleine (george) Collection (library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Asbury Park (n.j.)
Social Life and Customs
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, Kleine, and Paper Print Collection. Annual baby parade, 1904, Asbury Park, N.J. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73003100/. (Accessed October 22, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Abadie, A. C., Thomas A. Edison, I., Kleine & Paper Print Collection. (1904) Annual baby parade, 1904, Asbury Park, N.J. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73003100/.
MLA citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , Camera, et al. Annual baby parade, 1904, Asbury Park, N.J. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73003100/>.