Film, Video Atlantic City floral parade Floral parade, Atlantic City
About this Item
- Atlantic City floral parade
- Other Title
- Floral parade, Atlantic City
- Views of a parade down an Atlantic City street lined with crowds of spectators--some people watching from roofs--children, women in long skirts, many moustached men wearing hats. Shows uniformed men marching, boys pulling a small floral float with a woman riding in it, an elaborate float with a girl in it being pushed by a man, more small floats (decorated chairs?) with children, two black men carrying flowers, a marching uniformed band playing their instruments, a policeman mixed in with the band, a float with banner "Young Pier" with children in it and a young black maid beside it, blacks in elaborate tall hats and one black in a suit, flowers representing figures, a box-shaped float, and more small floats. Static camera angle which focuses on the upper torsos and heads of the marchers.
- Contributor Names
- Waters, Percival L.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Parades
- - Parade floats
- - Flowers
- - African Americans
- - Atlantic City (N.J.)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H47449 U.S. Copyright Office.
- - Copyright: Percival L. Waters; 22June04; H47449.
- - Kleine material is incomplete; all titles except for one stating the copyright date are lacking. Material is scratched, too light and contains blank frames.
- - Paper Print catalog cites copyright holder as producer.
- - Edison copyright notice appears at beginning of Kleine print instead of title.
- - Formerly identified in the Kleine Collection as Floral parade, Atlantic City.
- - Duration: 1:52 at 16 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Filmed June 22, 1904 in Atlantic City, N.J.
- - Source used: Niver, Kemp R., Early motion pictures, 1985.
- - Received: ca. 1949 from USDA lab; ref print and dupe neg, copy one, and arch pos; purchase, replacing 35 mm. nitrate original received 3-27-47; Kleine (George) Collection.
- - Received: 1953 from Primrose Productions lab; ref print and dupe neg, copy two; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Received: 1906; paper pos, copies one and two; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print (copy 2).
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg (copy 2).
- 1 reel of 1 (inc.) (45 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. arch pos.
- 1 roll (103 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- 1 roll (103 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos (copy 2).
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1510 (ref print)
- FLA 4482 (ref print, copy 2)
- FRA 3881 (dupe neg)
- FRA 0128 (dupe neg, copy 2)
- FRA 3882 (arch pos)
- LC 1468 (paper pos)
- LC 1468 (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsKleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
Waters, Percival L.
SubjectsActualities (Motion Pictures)
Atlantic City (N.J.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Waters, Percival L, Inc Thomas A. Edison, Kleine, and Paper Print Collection. Atlantic City floral parade. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73016600/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Waters, P. L., Thomas A. Edison, I., Kleine & Paper Print Collection. (1904) Atlantic City floral parade. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73016600/.
MLA citation style:
Waters, Percival L, et al. Atlantic City floral parade. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73016600/>.