Film, Video [Lancaster, Pa., high school]
About this Item
- [Lancaster, Pa., high school]
- Shows boys and girls going out the door and down the steps of a high school building in Lancaster, Pa. The boys come out first, led by a man, probably a teacher, holding a young boy's hand. The boys wear suits, and a few carry books or instrument cases. The girls, wearing long dresses and broad-brimmed hats, follow the boys. The last person to leave the building is a man, probably another teacher, in a top coat and hat. Filmed from a single camera position.
- Contributor Names
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 190-?].
- Subject Headings
- - High schools
- - High school students
- - Lancaster (Pa.)
- - Silent films
- Documentary films
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: reg. unknown.
- - All titles lacking.
- - Title and production information from Kleine inventories.
- - Duration: 1:56 at 18 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - ref print, dupe neg and arch pos; Received: 3/23/59 from USDA lab; purchase, replacing 35 mm. nitrate original received 3/27/47; Kleine (George) Collection.
- ref print. 1 reel of 1 (51 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 reel of 1 (51 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- arch pos. 1 reel of 1 (51 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1595 (ref print)
- FRA 4059 (dupe neg)
- FRA 4060 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsKleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
SubjectsActualities (Motion Pictures)
High School Students
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Kleine. [Lancaster, Pa., high school]. [United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 190-?] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73079000/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Kleine. [Lancaster, Pa., high school]. [United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 190-?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73079000/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Kleine. [Lancaster, Pa., high school]. [United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 190-?] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73079000/>.