Film, Video On the coast of the Bay of Biscay, France Sur la côte du Golfe de Gascogne
Digital viewing copy
About this Item
- On the coast of the Bay of Biscay, France
- Sur la côte du Golfe de Gascogne
- "A travelog of the frontier dividing France and Spain, with views of the Hendaye Coast, France; the village of Fontarabia (i.e., Hondarribia), Spain; Saint Marie Gate at Fontarabia; a shopping center; homes of fishermen; the frontier of Spain; Behobie, Spain; the International Bridge between France and Spain; the beach and streets of San Sebastian; the old castle of Polignac; and the Island of Pheasants. Includes a trip by electric train from Hendaye to San Sebastian, and ends with twilight scenes of the Spanish coast"--The George Kleine catalog.
- Eclipse (Firm)
- George Kleine (Firm)
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : George Kleine, [between 1911 and 1915]
- - Biscay, Bay of (France and Spain)
- - Pays Basque (France)
- - País Vasco (Spain)
- - Hondarribia (Spain)--Description and travel
- - San Sebastián (Spain)--Description and travel
- - Hendaye (France)--Description and travel
- Travelogues (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - A George Kleine attraction.
- - French language translation title, Sur la côte du Golfe de Gascogne, is supplied for the France in America project.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital files viewed.
- - Source used: The George Kleine Collection...catalog, p. 96-97.
- - Collection purchased from Kleine estate March 27, 1947. 35 mm. nitrate film destroyed.
- - The George Kleine Collection of early motion pictures in the Library of Congress : a catalog / prepared by Rita Horwitz and Harriet Harrison with the assistance of Wendy White. Library of Congress, 1980.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (143 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (143 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1696 (viewing print)
- FRA 4252 (dupe neg pic)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The materials in France in America are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, France in America.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Eclipse, George Kleine, and Kleine. On the coast of the Bay of Biscay, France. [United states: george kleine, between 1911 and 1915, 1911] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73109000/.
APA citation style:
Eclipse, George Kleine & Kleine. (1911) On the coast of the Bay of Biscay, France. [United states: george kleine, between 1911 and 1915] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73109000/.
MLA citation style:
Eclipse, George Kleine, and Kleine. On the coast of the Bay of Biscay, France. [United states: george kleine, between 1911 and 1915, 1911] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mp73109000/>.