Film, Video [Push carts--East side]
About this Item
- [Push carts--East side]
- Market scenes which show push cart vendors displaying a variety of merchandise on a busy, crowded street in what appears to be a multi-ethnic tenement district. Camera is mounted on a moving vehicle and passes horse-drawn wagons and automobiles; young boys run alongside and thumb their noses at the camera.
- Kleine (George) Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 190-]
- - Markets
- - Vendors and purchasers
- - Tenement houses
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Film copies have no titles.
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Source used: The George Kleine Collection of early motion pictures in the Library of Congress, p. 107.
- - The George Kleine Collection of early motion pictures in the Library of Congress : a catalog / prepared by Rita Horwitz and Harriet Harrison with the assistance of Wendy White. Library of Congress, 1980.
- - On original cataloging record: Received 1947-03-27 (nitrate), Purchased from Kleine estate; orig. 35mm LC nitrate destroyed. Scratches, dirt spots, blank frs., slightly shrunken. Transf. to safety from LC nitrate: 1960-01-20.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 2 min.) : si., b&w.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (39 ft.) : si., b&w 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (39 ft.) : si., b&w 16 mm.
- non-viewing pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (39 ft.) : si., b&w 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 1747 (viewing print)
- FRA 4346 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 4347 (non-viewing pos pic)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kleine. Push carts--East side. [S.l.: s.n., 190, 1900] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73113300/.
APA citation style:
Kleine. (1900) Push carts--East side. [S.l.: s.n., 190] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp73113300/.
MLA citation style:
Kleine. Push carts--East side. [S.l.: s.n., 190, 1900] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mp73113300/>.