Film, Video TR in St. Paul, Minn.  /
About this Item
- TR in St. Paul, Minn.  /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt in St. Paul, Minn. 1917
- TR in Saint Paul, Minn. 1917
- TR in St. Paul, Minn., 1918
- TR speaking at St. Paul, Minn., 1918
- Roosevelt views a large pro-war parade assembled in his honor in St. Paul, Minn. on Sept. 28, 1917. Long shot of large American flag as it is carried by women through crowd; close shots of officials on platform observing parade, including Roosevelt; Louis W. Hill, parade organizer and civic leader; Joseph A. A. Burnquist, governor of Minnesota (1915-1921); and Vivian R. Irvin, mayor of St. Paul.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Hill, Louis Warren, -1948.
- Burnquist, J. A. A. (Joseph Alfred Arner), 1879-1961.
- Irvin, Vivian R.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1917].
- Subject Headings
- - Parades--Minnesota--Saint Paul
- - World War, 1914-1918--Public opinion
- Short films
- Silent films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: unknown.
- - Viewing print (copy 1) lacks interior title but is longer than viewing print (copy 2), dupe neg pic, and non-viewing pos pic due to longer printing of interior titles.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, Louis W. Hill, Joseph A. A. Burnquist, Vivian R. Irvin.
- - Duration: 0:29 at 16 fps.
- - Sources used: St. Paul pioneer press, 9/29/1917: 1; Chrislock, Carl H. The progressive era in Minnesota, 1899-1918: 144.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - copies 1 and 2 viewing prints, dupe neg pic and copies 1 and 2 non-viewing pos pics; Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from National Park Service, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Hollis; viewing print (cppy 1) lacks interior title but is longer than viewing print (copy 2), dupe neg pic, and non-viewing pos pic due to longer printing of interior titles; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (19 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (12 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic. 1 film reel of 1 (12 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- non-viewing pos pic. 1 film reel of 1 (12 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- non-viewing pos pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (12 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0651 (viewing print)
- FAB 1054 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 5692 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 6023 (non-viewing pos pic)
- FRA 6022 (non-viewing pos pic, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBurnquist, J. A. A. (joseph Alfred Arner)
Hill, Louis Warren
Irvin, Vivian R.
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Louis Warren Hill, J. A. A Burnquist, Vivian R Irvin, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [TR in St. Paul, Minn. 1917]. [United States: s.n, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000001/. (Accessed August 31, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Hill, L. W., Burnquist, J. A. A., Irvin, V. R. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1917) [TR in St. Paul, Minn. 1917]. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000001/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. [TR in St. Paul, Minn. 1917]. [United States: s.n, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000001/>.