Film, Video King Edward's funeral, 1910 
About this Item
- King Edward's funeral, 1910 
- Ceremonial funeral procession of King Edward VII (1901-1910) passing through the streets of London on May 20, 1910. Views of the moving casket, heads of state walking behind the casket, the royal carriage, and various marching military units. Attending the ceremony were Kaiser Wilhelm II, Stéphen Pichon, Kings of Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, and Theodore Roosevelt, representing the United States. Roosevelt is visible at ca. ft. 16-21, 126-129, 168-170.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1910].
- Subject Headings
- - Edward--VII,--King of Great Britain,--1841-1910--Death and burial
- - Funeral service
- - Heads of state
- - London (England)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Film goes in and out of frame, ca. ft. 1-41, 68-72, 139.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 3:47 at 18 fps.
- - MAVIS 1808210; King Edward's funeral, 1910 .
- - Donor's inventory number: RMA 313-05-01.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print, dupe neg; Received: May 1968 from USDA lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - RMA purchase from Howe, acquired by NPS, transferred to LC in 1967.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (180 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (180 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0673 (viewing print)
- FRA 5713 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- 1906 to 1910 | Timeline of Theodore Roosevelt's Life | Articles and Essays | Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film | Digital Collections
- Theodore Roosevelt on Film | Articles and Essays | Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film | Digital Collections
- 1905 to 1910 | Film Chronology of Roosevelt and His Times | Articles and Essays | Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. King Edward's funeral,2. [S.l.: s.n, 1910] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000025/.
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1910) King Edward's funeral,2. [S.l.: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000025/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. King Edward's funeral,2. [S.l.: s.n, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mp76000025/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTR's return from Africa, 1910 
Theodore Roosevelt's return from Africa, 1910  | Roosevelt's return from Africa TR returns from his African hunting trip through the countries of Sudan, France, Denmark, Norway, Germany, Great Britain, and finally his reception in New York City. There are views of: 1) his...
- Contributor: Haakon VII - Vanderbilt, Cornelius - Bacon, Robert - Alfonso XIII - Manuel II - Jusserand, J. J. (Jean Jules) - Albert I - Gaynor, William Jay - Windsor, Edward - Franz Ferdinand ... Haakon VII - Vanderbilt, Cornelius - Bacon, Robert - Alfonso XIII - Manuel II - Jusserand, J. J. (Jean Jules) - Albert I - Gaynor, William Jay - Windsor, Edward - Franz Ferdinand - Christian X - Manning, Mae V. - George V - George I - Dalstein, Jean - Loeb, William - Frederik VIII - Ferdinand I - George VI - Gentry, Caroline - Roosevelt Memorial Association. Film Library - Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress) - Roosevelt, Theodore - Lodge, Henry Cabot - William II - Arthur
- Date: 1925
Film, VideoTR on Fifth Avenue, New York, near St. Patrick's Cathedral after attending Mayor Mitchel's funeral
Theodore Roosevelt on Fifth Avenue, New York, near St. Patrick's Cathedral after attending Mayor Mitchel's funeral As an honorary pallbearer at the funeral of former New York City Mayor John P. Mitchel on July 11, 1918, TR appears with other funeral participants on Fifth Avenue. Surrounded by men...
- Contributor: American Motion Picture Company - Perkins, George W. (George Walbridge) - Butler, Nicholas Murray - Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress) - Mitchel, John Purroy - Roosevelt, Theodore
- Date: 1918
Film, VideoScenes of TR at Sagamore Hill, 1912
Scenes of Theodore Roosevelt at Sagamore Hill, 1912 First film footage taken of TR at Sagamore Hill, summer of 1912. TR on his horse Sidar shakes hands with William P. Helm, Associated Press correspondent for New York City and Washington...
- Contributor: Helm, William P. (William Pickett) - Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress) - Roosevelt Memorial Association - Pathé Frères (France) - Roosevelt, Theodore - Roosevelt, Archibald (Archibald Bulloch) - Associated Press
- Date: 1912
Film, VideoTR's funeral at Oyster Bay, 1919
Theodore Roosevelt's funeral at Oyster Bay, 1919 Views of Christ Episcopal Church, the funeral procession, and Youngs Memorial Cemetery during the funeral of Theodore Roosevelt on January 8, 1919, in Oyster Bay, N.Y. Medium close shot of specially delegated...
- Contributor: Wood, Leonard - Straus, Oscar S. (Oscar Solomon) - Talmadge, George E. - Marshall, Thomas R. (Thomas Riley) - March, Peyton Conway - Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress) - Winslow, Cameron McRae - Universal Film Manufacturing Company - Roosevelt, Archibald (Archibald Bulloch)
- Date: 1919
Film, VideoTR with Rough Rider friends
Theodore Roosevelt with Rough Rider friends Scenes of TR in a western setting; the man on TR's immediate left appears to be Albert B. Fall, Senator from New Mexico (1913-1921) and four unidentified men, two wearing Western hats,...
- Contributor: Fall, Albert (Albert Bacon) - Roosevelt, Theodore - Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 191?