Film, Video TR's arrival in Panama, November 1906 
About this Item
- TR's arrival in Panama, November 1906 
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt's arrival in Panama, November 1906 
- TR became the first President in office to visit a foreign country while on an inspection tour of the Panama Canal. On November 15, 1906, in Panama City there are views of the processional, including a marching band and escorts on horseback, as spectators gather; long shot of TR, accompanied by Manuel Amador Guerrero, first President of Panama, and two unidentified men standing on a platform on the steps of the Cathedral; President Amador Guerrero delivers welcoming address as dignitaries look on; TR then speaks.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Amador Guerrero, Manuel, 1833-1909.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1906.
- Subject Headings
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Processions--Panama--Panama (City)
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - Amador Guerrero, Manuel,--1833-1909
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt, President Amador Guerrero.
- - Duration: 1:55 at 12 fps.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association number: RMA 301-05-03.
- - FZA 0270 was formerly numbered FPB 7075, renumbered to smaller can size to conserve vault space.
- - Sources used: Washington Post. 11/16/06:1; New York Tribune. 11/16/06:1; United States. President, 1901-1909 (Roosevelt). Special message of the President of the United States concerning the Panama Canal. 1906.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. RMA purchased from Miles. Blank frames.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print, dupe neg; Received: Feb. 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Miles; blank frames; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at LC lab: Feb. 1976.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (87 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic. 1 film reel of 1 (87 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 6701 (viewing print)
- FZA 0270 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmador Guerrero, Manuel
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsAmador Guerrero, Manuel
Speeches, Addresses, Etc., American
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Manuel Amador Guerrero, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [TR's arrival in Panama, November 1906 2]. [United States: s.n, 1906] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000087/. (Accessed October 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Amador Guerrero, M. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1906) [TR's arrival in Panama, November 1906 2]. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000087/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Manuel Amador Guerrero, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [TR's arrival in Panama, November 1906 2]. [United States: s.n, 1906] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000087/>.