Film, Video [Scenes of the British royal family] /
About this Item
- [Scenes of the British royal family] /
- Other Title
- King George and Queen Mary of England
- Queen Mary, King George in the uniform of an Admiral of the Fleet, members of the Royal family, a clergyman, and other unidentified people are walking in procession into St. Margaret's Church, Westminster. The occasion is probably "Remembrance Day," Aug. 4, 1918, the fourth anniversary of World War I. The Royal family, joined by the two Houses of Parliament and representatives of the overseas dominions and of the U.S., attend a special service of remembrance and rededication. Queen Alexandra and the Duke of Connaught follow Queen Mary and King George; Princess Mary, wearing a white collar, and Princess Victoria follow. In the second sequence, the Royal party leaves the church followed by members of Parliament. Final sequence consists of brief shots of colonial troops with a British officer.
- Contributor Names
- Mary, Queen, consort of George V, King of Great Britain, 1867-1953.
- George V, King of Great Britain, 1865-1936.
- Alexandra, Queen, consort of Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1844-1925.
- Arthur, Prince, Duke of Connaught, 1850-1942.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1918.
- Subject Headings
- - Mary,--Queen, consort of George V, King of Great Britain,--1867-1953
- - George--V,--King of Great Britain,--1865-1936
- - Saint Margaret's Church (Westminster, London, England)
- - Memorial rites and ceremonies
- - World War, 1914-1918--Religious aspects
- - Great Britain--Kings and rulers
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- Short films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 0:34 at 18 fps.
- - RMA gives title as King George and Queen Mary of England.
- - Appearing: Queen Mary, King George, Queen Alexandra, the Duke of Connaught, Princess Mary, Princess Victoria.
- - Sources used: The Times, London. 8/5/18:4; The Daily telegraph, London. 8/5/18:5; The Morning post, London. 8/5/18:3; P&P portrait file; Bullock, Albert E., ed. Westminster Abbey and St. Margaret's Church. v. 1, 1920:7.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association (RMA). RMA purchase from Signal Corps.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; ref print and dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Signal Corps; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968 and LC lab: 6/1976.
- 1 reel of 1 (15 ft) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (15 ft) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (39 ft) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0880 (ref print)
- FRA 5867 (dupe neg)
- FPB 7950 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
King of Great Britain
Kings and Rulers
Memorial Rites and Ceremonies
Queen, Consort of George V, King of Great Britain
Saint Margaret's Church (westminster, London, England)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mary, Queen, Consort Of George V, King Of Great Britain, King Of Great Britain George V, Queen Alexandra, Prince Arthur, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [Scenes of the British royal family]. [United States: s.n, 1918] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000094/. (Accessed October 22, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Mary, Q., George V, K. O. G. B., Alexandra, Q., Arthur, P. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1918) [Scenes of the British royal family]. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000094/.
MLA citation style:
Mary, Queen, Consort Of George V, King Of Great Britain, et al. [Scenes of the British royal family]. [United States: s.n, 1918] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000094/>.