Film, Video TR in a rowboat on Oyster Bay, Archie assists with boat to shore, 1914 /
About this Item
- TR in a rowboat on Oyster Bay, Archie assists with boat to shore, 1914 /
- Other Title
- Archie assists with boat to shore, 1914
- Theodore Roosevelt in a rowboat on Oyster Bay, Archie assists with boat to shore, 1914
- On Oyster Bay, Theodore Roosevelt rows alone away from shore. In the second sequence, his son Archie and an unidentified boy beach the boat as Theodore Roosevelt looks on.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Roosevelt, Archibald B. (Archibald Bulloch), 1894-1979.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Hearst-Selig News Pictorial, [1914 or 1915].
- Subject Headings
- - Boats and boating--New York (State)--Oyster Bay
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y. : Bay)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Nonfiction films
- Short films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt, Archibald Roosevelt.
- - Originally part of the newsreel series, Hearst-Selig news pictorial, according to the Theodore Roosevelt Association film collection catalog, p. 126.
- - Since Hearst-Selig News Pictorial was produced between Feb. 1914 and Dec. 1915, possible release dates are 1914 or 1915.
- - Duration: 0:30 at 18 fps.
- - MAVIS 13081.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: The Moving picture world, v. 19, no. 10, 1914, p. 1263, v. 26, no. 11, 1915, p. 1802, and v. 26, no. 14, 1915, p. 2352.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; viewing print and dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from International Newsreel Company; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 14 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 14 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0878 (viewing print)
- FRA 5865 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsRoosevelt, Archibald (archibald Bulloch)
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
New York Bay
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Boats and Boating
New York (state)
Oyster Bay (n.y. : Bay)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Archibald B Roosevelt, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR in a rowboat on Oyster Bay, Archie assists with boat to shore, 1914. [United States: Hearst-Selig News Pictorial, or 1915, 1914] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000103/. (Accessed July 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Roosevelt, A. B. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1914) TR in a rowboat on Oyster Bay, Archie assists with boat to shore, 1914. [United States: Hearst-Selig News Pictorial, or 1915] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000103/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Archibald B Roosevelt, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR in a rowboat on Oyster Bay, Archie assists with boat to shore, 1914. [United States: Hearst-Selig News Pictorial, or 1915, 1914] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000103/>.