Film, Video Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at St. Louis, Mo., 1910 /
About this Item
- Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at St. Louis, Mo., 1910 /
- While participating in the Missouri State Republican Party's campaign on October 11, 1910, TR is invited to fly in a biplane with Arch Hoxsey as pilot. Accompanied by Herbert S. Hadley, Governor of Missouri (1909-1913) and two men who appear to be Henry W. Kiel, Mayor of St. Louis, and Sheriff Louis Nolte, TR arrives in motorcade at Kinloch aviation field; man, who appears to be Hoxsey, inspects plane; medium shot of TR as he enters passenger seat of biplane; long shot of plane flying; TR alights from plane, joins waiting crowd, enters automobile and drives away in motorcade.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Hadley, Herbert S. (Herbert Spencer), 1872-1927.
- Missouri. Governor.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [United States : s.n.], 1910.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - Presidents--United States
- - Airplanes--Missouri--Lambert Field (Kinloch, Mo.)
- - Air pilots
- - Aeronautics--Exhibitions
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 3:33 at 20 fps.
- - Arch Hoxsey, Herbert Hadley, Henry W. Kiel, Louis Nolte.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association numbers: RMA 309-04-02; RMA 309-04-03.
- - MAVIS 1203936; Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at St. Louis, Mo., 1910.
- - National Park Service acquire from Roosevelt Memorial Association (RMA). RMA purchase from Thomas Jackson.
- - Sources used: St. Louis globe-democrat. 10/12/10:1-2; St. Louis republic. 10/12/10:1, 3; P&P portrait file.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - viewing print and dupe neg; Received: Feb. 1976 from LC lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (267 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (267 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 6729 (viewing print)
- FPB 7136 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsHadley, Herbert S. (herbert Spencer)
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Lambert Field (kinloch, Mo.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Herbert S Hadley, Missouri. Governor, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at St. Louis, Mo., 1910. [United States: s.n, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000114/. (Accessed October 23, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Hadley, H. S., Missouri. Governor & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1910) Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at St. Louis, Mo., 1910. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000114/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at St. Louis, Mo., 1910. [United States: s.n, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000114/>.