Film, Video TR at Fargo, N.D., during Progressive campaign, 1912  Theodore Roosevelt at Fargo, N.D., during Progressive campaign, 1912, 1
About this Item
- TR at Fargo, N.D., during Progressive campaign, 1912 
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt at Fargo, N.D., during Progressive campaign, 1912, 1
- As part of a western campaign tour, TR speaks to crowds and firms up Progressive Party structure in the area of Fargo, North Dakota, September 6, 1912. Several views from varying distances of TR greeting and speaking to crowds from rear of train; TR addressing large crowd from a decorated platform, apparently in a stadium; TR speaking from rear of train to Indian men, women, and children assembled on open plains; several long shots of crowds; medium-close silhouette of TR and three men conversing, one of whom appears to be George E. Roosevelt, TR's cousin and campaign secretary in the 1912 election.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Roosevelt, George E.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1912].
- Subject Headings
- - Political parties--North Dakota
- - Presidents--United States--Election--1912
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Progressive Party (U.S. : 1912)
- - Fargo (N.D.)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Main title "Roosevelt" appears on film; it appears to have been spliced on. "General Film Publicity & Sales Co.", which is probably a film distributor, also appears on film.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, George E. Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 2:57 (part 1), 1:58 (part 2) at 18 fps.
- - Sources used: P&P portrait file; The Fargo forum, 9/6/12, p. 1.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/68 from USDA lab; ref print and dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 8/15/1995 from Bono film lab; ref print (copy 2); preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Chessman; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 reel of 1 (133 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (133 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print (copy 2)
- 1 reel of 1 (133 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0848 (ref print)
- FAB 7637 (ref print, copy 2)
- FRA 5853 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsRoosevelt, George E.
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Progressive Party (U.S. : 1912)
Speeches, Addresses, Etc., American
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Theodore Roosevelt on Film - Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film - Digital Collections
- Presidential Election of 1912: A Resource Guide (Virtual Programs & Services, Library of Congress)
- 1911 to 1915 - Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film - Digital Collections
- North Dakota: Library of Congress Primary Sources by State - Primary Source Set
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, George E Roosevelt, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [TR at Fargo, N.D., during Progressive campaign, 1912 1]. [United States: s.n, 1912] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000130/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Roosevelt, G. E. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1912) [TR at Fargo, N.D., during Progressive campaign, 1912 1]. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000130/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, George E Roosevelt, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [TR at Fargo, N.D., during Progressive campaign, 1912 1]. [United States: s.n, 1912] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000130/>.