Film, Video [Flag services for TR at Oyster Bay, October 1919] /
About this Item
- [Flag services for TR at Oyster Bay, October 1919] /
- Other Title
- Flag services for Theodore Roosevelt at Oyster Bay, October 1919
- Children visit TR's grave, 1920
- On October 27, 1919 the Roosevelt memorial flag, which has been carried across New York State in TR's honor, is brought to rest at his grave in Youngs Memorial Cemetery, Oyster Bay, N.Y. View of two young girls and a boy placing flower bouquet and flag through fence surrounding TR's grave, event may not be part of flag ceremonies. Shots from different angles of memorial flag as it is borne by young men up the steep pathway to the gravesite; five girls sew the 48th and final star on flag at what is probably Cove School in Oyster Bay with group of children and Boy Scouts visible in background; view of children and adults on cemetery grounds. Final scene of Samuel Abbott, originator of memorial flag idea, placing flag on TR's gravesite.
- Contributor Names
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1919.
- Subject Headings
- - Memorial rites and ceremonies
- - Flags
- - Cemeteries--New York (State)--Oyster Bay
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y. : Bay)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Silent films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 1:10 at 16 fps.
- - RMA title gives title as Children visit TR's grave, 1920.
- - Date of first sequence, children at the grave, is unverified.
- - Appearing: Samuel Abbott.
- - Donor's inventory number: RMA 303-06-05.
- - Sources used: The Daily news, New York. 10/25/1919:8; The New York times mid-week pictorial. v. 10, no. 10, 1919:; P&P portrait file.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquire from Roosevelt Memorial Association (RMA). Gift to RMA from Urban.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; viewing print and non-viewing pos pic; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, gift to RMA from Urban; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (28 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. non-viewing pos pic.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0988 (viewing print)
- FRA 5965 (non-viewing pos pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsTheodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
New York Bay
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Memorial Rites and Ceremonies
New York (state)
Oyster Bay (n.y. : Bay)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [Flag services for TR at Oyster Bay, October 1919]. [United States: s.n, 1919] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000143/. (Accessed August 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1919) [Flag services for TR at Oyster Bay, October 1919]. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000143/.
MLA citation style:
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [Flag services for TR at Oyster Bay, October 1919]. [United States: s.n, 1919] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000143/>.