Film, Video TR Jr. with group of sailors and soldiers Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. with group of sailors and soldiers
About this Item
- TR Jr. with group of sailors and soldiers
- Theodore Roosevelt, Jr. with group of sailors and soldiers
- Medium close view of TR Jr. talking with two sailors and two soldiers. Interior title identifies TR Jr. as one of the founders of the new Legion, which was incorporated by Congress on Sept. 16, 1919 as the American Legion.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1887-1944.
- Pathe News.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Pathe News, [1919?].
- - Sailors
- - Soldiers
- - American Legion
- - Copyright: reg. unknown.
- - Originally part of the newsreel series, Pathe news, according to the Theodore Roosevelt Association film collection catalog, p.135.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, Jr.
- - Duration: 0:12 at 16 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; ref print and dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, gift to RMA from Pathe; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 reel of 1 (5 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (5 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0957 (ref print)
- FRA 5922 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Pathe News, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR Jr. with group of sailors and soldiers. [United States: Pathe News, ?, 1919] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000144/.
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Pathe News & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1919) TR Jr. with group of sailors and soldiers. [United States: Pathe News, ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000144/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Pathe News, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR Jr. with group of sailors and soldiers. [United States: Pathe News, ?, 1919] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mp76000144/>.