Film, Video TR at Baltimore  : TR at Sagamore [Hill, 1918] TR at Sagamore Hill, 1918 / Theodore Roosevelt at Sagamore Hill, 1918 / TR at Baltimore; TR at Sagamore, 1917 / Theodore Roosevelt at Baltimore, 1918
About this Item
- TR at Baltimore  : TR at Sagamore [Hill, 1918]
- Other Title
- TR at Sagamore Hill, 1918
- Theodore Roosevelt at Sagamore Hill, 1918
- TR at Baltimore; TR at Sagamore, 1917
- Theodore Roosevelt at Baltimore, 1918
- Sequences of TR speaking on two occasions: on Sept. 28, 1918, he addresses crowds in Baltimore in support of the fourth Liberty Loan; at Sagamore Hill on April 2, 1918, he encourages workers for the third Liberty Loan. At Oriole Park in Baltimore TR, wearing a mourning armband for his son, Quentin, helps open the fourth Liberty Loan campaign. Views of TR and man who appears to be Phillips L. Goldsborough, chairman of the Liberty Loan Committee for Maryland and former Maryland Governor (1912-1916), walking across Oriole field with other officials; TR stops and speaks with Cardinal James Gibbons of Baltimore, whose back is to camera; beside flag-decorated table TR speaks to packed stadium, with man who appears to be current Maryland Governor, Emerson C. Harrington, Mrs. Thomas J. Preston (who had been the wife of former President Grover Cleveland), and Dr. Thomas J. Preston among notables on platform; close-up of TR as he vigorously delivers address. At Sagamore Hill, with reporters behind him, TR addresses Liberty Loan workers from the New York District on Apr. 2, 1918.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Goldsborough, Phillips Lee, 1865-1946.
- Gibbons, James, 1834-1921.
- Harrington, Emerson C.
- Cleveland, Frances Folsom, 1864-1947.
- Preston, Thomas Jex.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1918].
- Subject Headings
- - Governors--Maryland
- - Baseball fields
- - Liberty bonds--Maryland--Baltimore
- - Liberty bonds--New York (State)--New York
- - Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y.)
- - Sports facilities--Maryland--Baltimore
- - Baltimore (Md.)
- Short films
- Silent films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt, James Gibbons, Phillips L. Goldsborough, Emerson C. Harrington, Mrs. Thomas J. Preston, Dr. Thomas J. Preston.
- - Duration: 0:55 at 18 fps.
- - Sources used: Baltimore American, 9/28/1918, p. 8; The Evening sun, Baltimore, 9/28/1918, p. 1; P&P portrait file; Harvard University Library's Theodore Roosevelt Collection
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab and 5/1976 from LC film lab; viewing print and dupe neg pics; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from National Park Service, NPS acquired from RMA, RMA purchased from Eclair, Paris, France; blank frames; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968 and LC lab: 5/1976.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 22 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 56 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg pic.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0950 (viewing print)
- FRA 5912 (dupe neg pic)
- FPB 7346 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCleveland, Frances Folsom
Goldsborough, Phillips Lee
Harrington, Emerson C.
Preston, Thomas Jex
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site
New York (State)
Oyster Bay (N.Y.)
Sagamore Hill National Historic Site (Oyster Bay, N.Y.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Phillips Lee Goldsborough, James Gibbons, Emerson C Harrington, Frances Folsom Cleveland, Thomas Jex Preston, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. [TR at Baltimore 1918: TR at Sagamore Hill, 1918]. [United States: s.n, 1918] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000164/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Goldsborough, P. L., Gibbons, J., Harrington, E. C., Cleveland, F. F., Preston, T. J. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1918) [TR at Baltimore 1918: TR at Sagamore Hill, 1918]. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000164/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. [TR at Baltimore 1918: TR at Sagamore Hill, 1918]. [United States: s.n, 1918] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000164/>.