Film, Video TR at Billings, Montana  Theodore Roosevelt at Billings, Montana, 1918
About this Item
- TR at Billings, Montana 
- Theodore Roosevelt at Billings, Montana, 1918
- In Billings, Montana, on October 5, 1918, to speak on behalf of the Liberty Loan and to denounce the Nonpartisan League of Farmers for its pacifist orientation, TR appears in a touring car greeting Billings citizens. Long shot of TR doffing his hat and shaking hands from a parked car in downtown Billings; after he is seated, car moves through crowded, flag-draped street
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1918].
- - Billings (Mont.)
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Liberty bonds
- - Farmers' Non-Partisan League
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association lists dates in title as 1917-1918.
- - Duration: 0:20 at 18 fps.
- - Sources used: The Anaconda standard, 10/6/18, p. 10; The Helena independent, 10/6/18, p. 1, 3.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5/1968 from USDA lab; print and arch pos; preseravtion; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 8/15/1995 from Bono film lab; ref print (copy 2) and dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at USDA lab: 5/1968.
- 1 reel of 1 (9 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (9 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print (copy 2)
- 1 reel of 1 (9 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 reel of 1 (9 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. arch pos.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 1016 (ref print)
- FAB 7641 (ref print, copy 2)
- FRB 2151 (dupe neg)
- FRA 5992 (arch pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR at Billings, Montana. [United States: s.n, 1918] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000170/.
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1918) TR at Billings, Montana. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000170/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR at Billings, Montana. [United States: s.n, 1918] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mp76000170/>.