Film, Video Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe Cartoon of Theodore Roosevelt's reception by crowned heads of Europe
About this Item
- Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe
- Cartoon of Theodore Roosevelt's reception by crowned heads of Europe
- Animated cartoon of Roosevelt's reception in Europe during his April-June 1910 tour. Sequences of crowned heads of Europe sitting in an open automobile, labeled Europe, located on a pier. TR, carrying a big stick, is in the bow of a ship that approaches the pier as the crowned heads wave. Caricatured are: TR; Victor Emanuel III of Italy; Manuel II of Portugal; Franz Joseph I of Austria; Alfonso XIII of Spain; Nicholas II of Russia; Edward VII of Great Britain; Clément Fallières of France; and Wilhelm II of Germany.
- Roosevelt Memorial Association, former owner.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1910?]
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Travel--Europe
- - Heads of state--Europe--Humor
- - Victor Emmanuel--III,--King of Italy,--1869-1947--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Manuel--II,--King of Portugal,--1889-1932--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Franz Joseph--I,--Emperor of Austria,--1830-1916--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Alfonso--XIII,--King of Spain,--1886-1941--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Nicholas--II,--Emperor of Russia,--1868-1918--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Edward--VII,--King of Great Britain,--1841-1910--Caricatures and cartoons
- - William--II,--German Emperor,--1859-1941--Caricatures and cartoons
- - Fallières, Armand,--1841-1931--Caricatures and cartoons
- Political cartoons
- Animated films
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Duration: 0:07 at 18 fps.
- - Summary from The Theodore Roosevelt Association...catalog, p. 12.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association inventory number RMA 311-08-06.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Source used: The Theodore Roosevelt Association...catalog, p. 12.
- - Collection transferred to LC from National Park Service in 1967. Previous owner: Roosevelt Memorial Association.
- - The Theodore Roosevelt Association film collection : a catalog / prepared by Wendy White-Henson and Veronica M. Gillespie. Library of Congress, 1986.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (3 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16 mm.
- viewing print (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (3 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (3 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0946 (viewing print)
- FAB 7614 (viewing print, copy 2)
- FRA 5904 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Animated Films
- Caricatures and Cartoons
- Emperor of Austria
- Emperor of Russia
- Fallières, Armand
- Franz Joseph
- German Emperor
- Heads of State
- King of Great Britain
- King of Italy
- King of Portugal
- King of Spain
- Nonfiction Films
- Political Cartoons
- Roosevelt, Theodore
- Short Films
- Silent Films
- Victor Emmanuel
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt Memorial Association, Former Owner, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe. [United States: s.n., ?, 1910] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000182/.
APA citation style:
Roosevelt Memorial Association, F. O. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1910) Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe. [United States: s.n., ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000182/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt Memorial Association, Former Owner, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Cartoon of TR's reception by crowned heads of Europe. [United States: s.n., ?, 1910] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mp76000182/>.