Film, Video [Chauncey Depew, Senator Perkins, and Governor Whitman of New York, at GOP Convention, 1916, Chicago, Ill.] Pathe news.
About this Item
- [Chauncey Depew, Senator Perkins, and Governor Whitman of New York, at GOP Convention, 1916, Chicago, Ill.]
- Pathe news.
- Scenes from the 16th Republican National Convention held in Chicago, June 7-10, 1916. Long shot of delegates outside the Congress Hotel. Medium shots, from left to right, of Mrs. Olive H. Whitman; Governor Charles S. Whitman of New York (1915-1918); Francis Hendricks, former New York State Senator (1886-1891); George W. Perkins, a leader in the Progressive movement (1912-1916); Chauncey M. Depew, former New York State Senator (1899-1911); and a medium shot of the Coliseum where the convention was in session.
- Pathe News.
- Pathé Exchange, former owner.
- Roosevelt Memorial Association, former owner.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- - Republican National Convention--(16th :--1916 :--Chicago, Ill.)
- - Presidents--United States--Election--1916
- - United States--Politics and government--1913-1921
- - Congress Hotel (Chicago, Ill.)
- - Depew, Chauncey M.--(Chauncey Mitchell),--1834-1928
- - Whitman, Charles S.,--1868-1947
- - Whitman, Olive H.,--1882-1926
- - Hendricks, Francis,--1834-1920
- - Perkins, George W.--(George Walbridge),--1862-1920
- Film excerpts
- Silent films
- Nonfiction films
- - Segment of Pathe News no. 46, released June 7, 1916.
- - Appearing: Mrs. Olive H. Whitman, Governor Charles S. Whitman, Francis Hendricks, George W. Perkins, Chauncey M. Depew.
- - Duration: 1:30 at 18 fps.
- - Viewing print is longer than dupe neg pic and non-viewing print due to longer printing of interior titles.
- - Summary from The Theodore Roosevelt Association...catalog, p. 13-14.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association inventory number RMA 307-05-06.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: LC Prints & Photographs Division portrait file; Republican Party. National Convention, 16th Chicago, 1916. Official report of the proceedings of the sixteenth Republican National Convention. 1916; Moving picture world vol. 28.2, (June 24, 1916), p. 2300; Moving picture world, vol. 29.1, p. 20; The Theodore Roosevelt Association...catalog, p. 13-14.
- - Collection transferred to LC from National Park Service in 1967. Previous owners: Roosevelt Memorial Association, Pathe.
- - The Theodore Roosevelt Association film collection : a catalog / prepared by Wendy White-Henson and Veronica M. Gillespie. Library of Congress, 1986.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (41 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (21 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- non-viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (21 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FAB 0976 (viewing print)
- FRA 5945 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 5946 (non-viewing print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Pathe News
- Pathé Exchange
- Roosevelt Memorial Association
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- (Chauncey Mitchell)
- (George Walbridge)
- Chicago, Ill.)
- Congress Hotel (Chicago, Ill.)
- Depew, Chauncey M.
- Film Excerpts
- Hendricks, Francis
- Nonfiction Films
- Perkins, George W.
- Politics and Government
- Republican National Convention
- Silent Films
- United States
- Whitman, Charles S.
- Whitman, Olive H.
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: firstname.lastname@example.org):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pathe News, Former Owner Pathé Exchange, Former Owner Roosevelt Memorial Association, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. Chauncey Depew, Senator Perkins, and Governor Whitman of New York, at GOP Convention, Chicago, Ill.  Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000207/.
APA citation style:
Pathe News, Pathé Exchange, F. O., Roosevelt Memorial Association, F. O. & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1916) Chauncey Depew, Senator Perkins, and Governor Whitman of New York, at GOP Convention, Chicago, Ill. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000207/.
MLA citation style:
Pathe News, et al. Chauncey Depew, Senator Perkins, and Governor Whitman of New York, at GOP Convention, Chicago, Ill.  Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mp76000207/>.