Film, Video TR speaking in Panama, November 1906 /
About this Item
- TR speaking in Panama, November 1906 /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt speaking in Panama, November 1906
- TR became the first President in office to visit a foreign country while on an inspection tour of the Panama Canal. On November 15, 1906, there are views of TR and Manuel Amador Guerrero, first President of Panama, and two unidentified men arriving and standing on a platform on the steps of the Cathedral in Panama City; medium shot of two women arriving at the ceremony, woman on the right may be Edith Roosevelt; long shot of President Amador Guerrero delivering welcoming address as dignitaries look on; TR then speaks.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Amador Guerrero, Manuel, 1833-1909.
- Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow, 1861-1948.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1906.
- Subject Headings
- - Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919
- - Amador Guerrero, Manuel,--1833-1909
- - Panama (Panama)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Nonfiction films
- Short films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt, President Amador Guerrero, Edith Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 2:29 at 14 fps.
- - MAVIS 13087.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Washington post. 11/16/06:1; New York tribune. 11/16/06:1; United States. President, 1901-1909 (Roosevelt). Special message of the President of the United States concerning the Panama Canal. 1906.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. Gift to RMA from Paramount.
- - Received: 6/1976 from LC film lab; viewing print, dupe neg; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- - Received: 1967; transferred to LC from NPS, NPS acquired from RMA, gift to RMA from Paramount; transferred to safety from LC nitrate at LC lab: 6/1976.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 130 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 130 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 7313 (viewing print)
- FPB 7743 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmador Guerrero, Manuel
Paramount Pictures Corporation
Roosevelt, Edith Kermit Carow
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Amador Guerrero, Manuel
Speeches, Addresses, Etc., American
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, Manuel Amador Guerrero, Edith Kermit Carow Roosevelt, Paramount Pictures Corporation, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR speaking in Panama, November 1906. [United States: s.n, 1906] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000225/. (Accessed July 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., Amador Guerrero, M., Roosevelt, E. K. C., Paramount Pictures Corporation & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1906) TR speaking in Panama, November 1906. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000225/.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, et al. TR speaking in Panama, November 1906. [United States: s.n, 1906] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000225/>.