Film, Video TR calls on neighbors at Christmas, 1917 /
About this Item
- TR calls on neighbors at Christmas, 1917 /
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt calls on neighbors at Christmas, 1917
- Opening scene of a man, woman, and two children with presents walking up to a house in Oyster Bay, N.Y.; one child enters house, comes back out, then the woman enters; two older girls stand in doorway; TR, carrying a present, walks up to the house; final scene is of TR talking with group as they all pose while a small girl peeks out of the door.
- Contributor Names
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- International Newsreel Corporation.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n., 1917?].
- Subject Headings
- - Christmas
- - Oyster Bay (N.Y.)
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Date and event in title unverified.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 0:34 at 18 fps.
- - Sources used: International Newsreel Co.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. RMA purchased from International Newsreel Co.
- - viewing print, dupe neg; Received: June 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (39 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (39 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 7307 (viewing print)
- FPB 7735 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: email@example.com):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, International Newsreel Corporation, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR calls on neighbors at Christmas, 1917. [United States: s.n., ?, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000306. (Accessed February 14, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Roosevelt, T., International Newsreel Corporation & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1917) TR calls on neighbors at Christmas, 1917. [United States: s.n., ?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000306.
MLA citation style:
Roosevelt, Theodore, International Newsreel Corporation, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. TR calls on neighbors at Christmas, 1917. [United States: s.n., ?, 1917] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000306>.