Film, Video TR [in Louisiana], 1915  Theodore Roosevelt [in Louisiana], 1915  / TR on Pelican Island, 1915 / Theodore Roosevelt on Pelican Island, 1915
About this Item
- TR [in Louisiana], 1915 
- Other Title
- Theodore Roosevelt [in Louisiana], 1915 
- TR on Pelican Island, 1915
- Theodore Roosevelt on Pelican Island, 1915
- Views of TR walking on beach; holding his hat, TR stands near bushes on an island and follows the flight of birds. Film photographed by Herbert K. Job of the National Audubon Society, on an expedition with TR to bird sanctuary islands off the Louisiana coast in June 1915.
- Contributor Names
- Job, Herbert Keightley, 1864-1933, photographer.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- National Association of Audubon Societies for the Protection of Wild Birds and Animals.
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1915.
- Subject Headings
- - Roosevelt, Theodore,--1858-1919--Travel--Louisiana
- - Islands--Louisiana
- - Water-birds--Louisiana
- - Wildlife refuges--Louisiana
- - Birds--Conservation--Louisiana
- - Breton National Wildlife Refuge (La.)
- - Louisiana--Description and travel
- - Mexico, Gulf of
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- Nature films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Photographed by Herbert K. Job.
- - Appearing: President Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 0:20 at 18 fps.
- - Research indicates location is the Breton Island Reservation or one of the Audubon bird sanctuary islands off the coast of Louisiana; areas visited by TR included the Chandeleur Islands, Grand Isle, Breton Island, Bird Island, Last Island, Battledore Island, and Barataria Bay. Breton Island Reservation was established by Executive Order 369-A on Nov. 11, 1905. Exact location is undetermined.
- - FZA 0252 was formerly numbered FPB 9919. Renumbered to smaller can size to conserve vault space.
- - Sources used: The Times-picayune, New Orleans. 6/7/15:2; 6/8/15:16; 6/10/15:10; 6/12/15:1; 6/13/15:(real estate sec.):7; Scribner's magazine. v. 59, no. 3, 1916:261-280; Audubon magazine. v. 17, no. 5, 1915:410-412.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Park Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. RMA purchased from Pell Mitchell.
- - viewing print, dupe neg; Received: June 1976 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic. 1 film reel of 1 (23 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 8961 (viewing print)
- FZA 0252 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsJob, Herbert Keightley
National Association of Audubon Societies for the Protection of Wild Birds and Animals
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
LocationBreton National Wildlife Refuge
Gulf of Mexico
Breton National Wildlife Refuge (La.)
Description and Travel
Mexico, Gulf of
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection, and National Association Of Audubon Societies For The Protection Of Wild Birds And Animals, Job, Herbert Keightley, photographer. [TR in Louisiana, 1915 4]. [United States: s.n, 1915] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000363/. (Accessed January 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection & National Association Of Audubon Societies For The Protection Of Wild Birds And Animals, Job, H. K., photographer. (1915) [TR in Louisiana, 1915 4]. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000363/.
MLA citation style:
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection, and National Association Of Audubon Societies For The Protection Of Wild Birds And Animals, photographer by Job, Herbert Keightley. [TR in Louisiana, 1915 4]. [United States: s.n, 1915] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000363/>.