Film, Video President McKinley inauguration, 1901 /
About this Item
- President McKinley inauguration, 1901 /
- The first sequence (ca. 49 ft.), views of President William McKinley speaking, may be unrelated footage. Views of crowds on Pennsylvania Ave., NW, in front of the old Willard Hotel during the March 4, l90l inaugural festivities. A mounted military unit rides through what is probably the court of honor, the area on Pennsylvania Ave., NW, from Fifteenth to Seventeenth Sts.; the President and his party reviewed the inaugural parade from a stand in this area. McKinley doffs his hat to the crowd as his carriage passes the Willard Hotel. Sen. Marcus A. Hanna of Ohio (1897-1904) sits beside McKinley in the carriage. Several members of the President's special escort, Troop A of the Ohio National Guard, are visible along with aides and guards. The man riding alone in the second carriage may be TR. The last sequence, of McKinley in a carriage in the court of honor, is repeated.
- Contributor Names
- McKinley, William, 1843-1901.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Hanna, Marcus Alonzo, 1837-1904.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [s.n.], 1901.
- Subject Headings
- - Inauguration Day
- - McKinley, William,--1843-1901--Inauguration, 1901
- - Pennsylvania Avenue (Washington, D.C.)
- - United States--National Guard
- Short films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Appearing: President William McKinley, Sen. Marcus A. Hanna, Theodore Roosevelt.
- - Duration: 1:12 at 34 fps.
- - Roosevelt Memorial Association number: RMA 319-07-01.
- - MAVIS 13131; President McKinley inauguration, 1901.
- - Sources used: Washington, D.C. Inaugural Committee, 1901; Official souvenir program, inaugural ceremonies, March 4, 1901. ; P&P presidential file; P&P stereo file; Eskew, Garnett L. Willard's of Washington. 1954.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - National Parks Service acquired from Roosevelt Memorial Association. Gift to Roosevelt Memorial Association from Paramount.
- - viewing print, dupe neg; Received: May 1978 from LC film lab; preservation; Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (162 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg. 1 film reel of 1 (162 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 8962 (viewing print)
- FPB 9925 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsHanna, Marcus Alonzo
Paramount Pictures Corporation
Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection (library of Congress)
Pennsylvania Avenue (washington, D.C.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in Theodore Roosevelt: His Life and Times on Film, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are made available here with permission from the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 719, Oyster Bay, N.Y. 11771 (Internet address: [email protected]):The Story of the Panama Canal 
T. R.'s Return from Africa, 1910 
A Visit to Theodore Roosevelt at His Home at Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay, L.I., 1912
Roosevelt, Friend of the Birds 
The Roosevelt Dam 
The River of Doubt .
Permission may be needed from the Theodore Roosevelt Association before using these films for other purposes.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mckinley, William, Theodore Roosevelt, Marcus Alonzo Hanna, Paramount Pictures Corporation, and Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. President McKinley inauguration, 1901. [United States: s.n, 1901] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000380/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
McKinley, W., Roosevelt, T., Hanna, M. A., Paramount Pictures Corporation & Theodore Roosevelt Association Collection. (1901) President McKinley inauguration, 1901. [United States: s.n] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000380/.
MLA citation style:
Mckinley, William, et al. President McKinley inauguration, 1901. [United States: s.n, 1901] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mp76000380/>.