Manuscript/Mixed Material Hannah Arendt Papers: Correspondence, 1938-1976; General, 1938-1976; Zilkens, Johannes, and family; 1966-1972
About this Item
- Hannah Arendt Papers: Correspondence, 1938-1976; General, 1938-1976; Zilkens, Johannes, and family; 1966-1972
- Arendt, Hannah, 1906-1975
Created / Published
- 1966 - 1972
- - Arendt, Hannah, 1906-1975
- - Benjamin, Walter, 1892-1940--Correspondence
- - BlÜcher, Heinrich, 1899-1970
- - Eichmann, Adolf, 1906-1962--Trials, litigation, etc
- - Jarrell, Randall, 1914-1965--Correspondence
- - Kazin, Alfred, 1915-1998--Correspondence
- - KÖhler, Lotte--Correspondence
- - Lowell, Robert, 1917-1977--Correspondence
- - McCarthy, Mary, 1912-1989--Correspondence
- - MacDonald, Dwight--Correspondence
- - Morgenthau, Hans J. (Hans Joachim), 1904-1980--Correspondence
- - Rosenau, Ruth H.--Correspondence
- - Tillich, Paul, 1886-1965--Correspondence
- - Weil, Anne--Correspondence
- - Wolff, Helen, 1906-1994--Correspondence
- - Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
- - Jews--Persecutions
- - National socialism
- - Philosophy
- - Political science--Philosophy
- - Totalitarianism
- - War crime trials--Jerusalem
- - Zionism
- - Germany--Politics and government--1933-1945
- - Palestine--Politics and government--1948-
- - Manuscripts
- - United States
Call Number/Physical Location
- series: Correspondence, 1938-1976
- mss11056, box 17
- Hannah Arendt Papers
- Manuscript Division
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Arendt, Hannah
- Benjamin, Walter
- Blücher, Heinrich
- Eichmann, Adolf
- Holocaust, Jewish
- Jarrell, Randall
- Kazin, Alfred
- Köhler, Lotte
- Lowell, Robert
- Macdonald, Dwight
- McCarthy, Mary
- Morgenthau, Hans J. (Hans Joachim)
- National Socialism
- Political Science
- Politics and Government
- Rosenau, Ruth H.
- Tillich, Paul
- Trials, Litigation, Etc
- War Crime Trials
- Weil, Anne
- Wolff, Helen
Rights & Access
Copyright in Hannah Arendt’s unpublished papers in this Collection has been dedicated to the public, with the important exception of papers which, at the time of her death in 1975, were the subject of contracts with publishers, including Harcourt Trade Publishers, New York, NY. All other Arendt writings in this Collection are free to use and reuse.
The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials pursuant to fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States less than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You will need written permission from the rights holders to copy, distribute, or otherwise use copyrighted materials except as allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some materials may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
The Hannah Arendt Bluecher Literary Trust is a legal entity established in the Last Will and Testament of Hannah Arendt (1906-1975). Jerome Kohn is the Trustee of said Trust; the Georges Borchardt, Inc. agency is the Trust's literary agent; and Art Resource curates a collection of photographs, the rights to which belong to the Trust, for which the contact person is Michael Slade (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Trust holds rights of copyright to Arendt's writings outside this Collection, with the sole exception of the books she published during her lifetime. The rights to those books remain with their publishers as long as the works remain in print. All rights to any work that falls out of print revert to the Trust.
All inquiries about rights to publish Arendt’s written or spoken words outside this collection should be addressed to Valerie Borchardt at the Borchardt, Inc. Agency (Valerie@gbagency.com); with cc and/or general inquiries to literary trustee Jerome Kohn (email@example.com).
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Hannah Arendt Papers
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Arendt, Hannah. Hannah Arendt Papers: Correspondence, -1976; General, -1976; Zilkens, Johannes, and family; 1966 to 1972. - 1972, 1966. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mss1105600299/.
APA citation style:
Arendt, H. (1966) Hannah Arendt Papers: Correspondence, -1976; General, -1976; Zilkens, Johannes, and family; 1966 to 1972. - 1972. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss1105600299/.
MLA citation style:
Arendt, Hannah. Hannah Arendt Papers: Correspondence, -1976; General, -1976; Zilkens, Johannes, and family; 1966 to 1972. - 1972, 1966. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mss1105600299/>.