Manuscript/Mixed Material Clara Barton Papers: Letterbooks, 1876-1911; 1903, Jan.-1904, Feb.
About this Item
- Clara Barton Papers: Letterbooks, 1876-1911; 1903, Jan.-1904, Feb.
- Barton, Clara, 1821-1912.
Created / Published
- 1903, Jan.-1904, Feb.
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Medical care
- - Andersonville Prison
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Prisoners and prisons
- - Women--Suffrage--United States
- - Women's rights--United States
- - Social problems--United States
- - Barton family--Correspondence
- - Hubbell family. Julian B. Hubbell family papers
- - American National Red Cross
- - Friends of the Missing Men of the United States Army. Office of Correspondence
- - International Committee of the Red Cross
- - National First Aid Association of America
- - Geneva Convention (1864 August 22)
- - Ambulance service
- - Disaster relief
- - First aid in illness and injury
- - Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871--Civilian relief
- - Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871--Medical care
- - Humanitarianism
- - Military nursing
- - Prisoners of war--Georgia--Andersonville
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Civilian relief
- - Temperance--United States
- - War relief
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Civilian relief
- - Manuscripts
Call Number/Physical Location
- series: Letterbooks, 1876-1911
- MSS11973, box: 60; Microfilm reel: 48
- Clara Barton papers, 1805-1958
- Manuscript Division
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Ambulance Service
- American National Red Cross
- Andersonville Prison
- Barton Family
- Civil War
- Civilian Relief
- Disaster Relief
- First Aid in Illness and Injury
- Franco-Prussian War
- Friends of the Missing Men of the United States Army. Office of Correspondence
- Geneva Convention (1864 August 22)
- Hubbell Family. Julian B. Hubbell Family Papers
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- Medical Care
- Military Nursing
- National First Aid Association of America
- Prisoners and Prisons
- Prisoners of War
- Social Problems
- Spanish-American War
- United States
- War Relief
- Women's Rights
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works made for hire" (copyright held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and to hear from individuals or institutions having any additional information. Please contact us through our Ask A Librarian service.
Researchers wishing to cite this collection should include the following information:
Clara Barton Papers, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about reproductions of Manuscript Division items found in American Memory, contact the Library of Congress Duplication Services.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Barton, Clara. Clara Barton Papers: Letterbooks, -1911; 1903, Jan.-1904, Feb. , Jan.-1904, Feb, 1903. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mss119730174/.
APA citation style:
Barton, C. (1903) Clara Barton Papers: Letterbooks, -1911; 1903, Jan.-1904, Feb. , Jan.-1904, Feb. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss119730174/.
MLA citation style:
Barton, Clara. Clara Barton Papers: Letterbooks, -1911; 1903, Jan.-1904, Feb. , Jan.-1904, Feb, 1903. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mss119730174/>.