Manuscript/Mixed Material Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: Subject File, 1863-1891; Indian affairs; 1885-1886
About this Item
- Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: Subject File, 1863-1891; Indian affairs; 1885-1886
- Sheridan, Philip Henry, 1831-1888.
Created / Published
- 1885 - 1886
- - Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885--Correspondence
- - Army officers
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Correspondence
- - Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891--Correspondence
- - Indians of North America--Government relations
- - Indians of North America--Wars
- - Shenandoah Valley Campaign, 1864 (May-August)
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Cavalry operations
- - Yellowstone River--Discovery and exploration
- - Manuscripts
- - United States -- Virginia
Call Number/Physical Location
- series: Subject File, 1863-1891
- mss39768, reel 91
- Philip Henry Sheridan papers
- Manuscript Division
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Army Officers
- Cavalry Operations
- Civil War
- Discovery and Exploration
- Government Relations
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson)
- Indians of North America
- Lincoln, Abraham
- Reconstruction (U.S. History,)
- Shenandoah Valley Campaign, (May-August)
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh)
- United States
- Yellowstone River
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Philip Henry Sheridan Papers.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sheridan, Philip Henry. Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: Subject File, -1891; Indian affairs; 1885 to 1886. - 1886, 1885. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/mss397680604/.
APA citation style:
Sheridan, P. H. (1885) Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: Subject File, -1891; Indian affairs; 1885 to 1886. - 1886. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss397680604/.
MLA citation style:
Sheridan, Philip Henry. Philip Henry Sheridan Papers: Subject File, -1891; Indian affairs; 1885 to 1886. - 1886, 1885. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/mss397680604/>.