Manuscript/Mixed Material Martin Van Buren Papers: Series 4, Messages, 1837-1838; Annual, 1838; Vol. 1
About this Item
- Martin Van Buren Papers: Series 4, Messages, 1837-1838; Annual, 1838; Vol. 1
- Contributor Names
- Van Buren, Martin, 1782-1862
- Created / Published
- 1837 - 1838
- Subject Headings
- - Slavery--United States
- - Indians of North America--Government relations
- - Benton, Thomas Hart, 1782-1858--Correspondence
- - Blair, Francis Preston, 1791-1876--Correspondence
- - Buchanan, James, 1791-1868--Correspondence
- - Butler, Benjamin F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1795-1858--Correspondence
- - Harrison, William Henry, 1773-1841
- - Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845--Correspondence
- - Polk, James K. (James Knox), 1795-1849--Correspondence
- - Tyler, John, 1790-1862
- - Van Buren, Martin, 1782-1862--Homes and haunts--New York (State)--Kinderhook Region
- - Bank of the United States (1816-1836)
- - Democratic Party (U.S.)--History--19th century
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848
- - Presidents--United States--Biography
- - Tariff--United States
- - Europe--Description and travel
- - New York (State)--Politics and government--1775-1865
- - United States--Foreign relations—1815-1861
- - United States--Politics and government--1815-1861
- - Manuscripts
- - United States -- New York
- Call Number/Physical Location
- mss43828, reel 35
- series: Series 4, Messages, 1837-1838
- Source Collection
- Martin Van Buren papers, 1787-1910
- Manuscript Division
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsVan Buren, Martin
Dates1837 to 1838
Bank of the United States
Benton, Thomas Hart
Blair, Francis Preston
Butler, Benjamin F. (Benjamin Franklin)
Democratic Party (U.S.)
Description and Travel
Harrison, William Henry
Homes and Haunts
Indians of North America
New York (State)
Politics and Government
Polk, James K. (James Knox)
Van Buren, Martin
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The written permission of the copyright owners and/or holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Martin Van Buren Papers.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Van Buren, Martin. Martin Van Buren Papers: Series 4, Messages, 1837 to 1838; Annual, 1838; Vol. 1. - 1838, 1837. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss438280141/. (Accessed October 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Van Buren, M. (1837) Martin Van Buren Papers: Series 4, Messages, 1837 to 1838; Annual, 1838; Vol. 1. - 1838. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/mss438280141/.
MLA citation style:
Van Buren, Martin. Martin Van Buren Papers: Series 4, Messages, 1837 to 1838; Annual, 1838; Vol. 1. - 1838, 1837. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/mss438280141/>.